Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K video

Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to this program---does it support editing of 4K video and outputting/saving 4K video?  Does it supoprt h.265?  what file types can be outputted to play on other computers, youtube, etc?

Thank you so much!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is 4K (4096x2160) and there is UDH (3840x2160) which is often referred to as 4K.

You can put 4K in a UDH project and export as UDH.

Elements does not support h.265. You need to convert with e.g. Handbrake first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. I will check again and see where I can find those settings. So, I want to use 4K, not UDH. I can export 4K or only UDH?

What program supports h.265?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can it export in 60fps 4K?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are stuck with UDH. 60p is no problem.

Even if you could export 4K and want to upload to say Youtube it will show black bars.

Premiere Pro supports H.265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So, I can edit 4K videos but I can only save or export them in UDH, correct?

Can you out right by Premier Pro or do you have to have a subscription? Are there other programs out there that don’t require a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro comes with a subscription.

Are there other programs out there that don’t require a subscription?

Plenty but you will have to google to see if they support H.265 (import and export).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

micron929rr  wrote

Are there other programs out there that don’t require a subscription?

In the under $100 group, look at Cyberlink Powerdirector for H.265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Is it any good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

micron929rr  wrote

Thank you. Is it any good?

I like Premiere Elements a lot and I'd set my camera to avoid H.265.  But, if I really had to edit H.265 video and couldn't use Premiere Pro CC, I would try a free trial.  All the reviews I've read the past half dozen years bounce between a half dozen editors.  All get their turn and be one to choose!

Again, Premiere Elements works extremely well for what I do and that includes shooting 4K with Panasonic cameras, editing the 4K footage and outputting 4K videos for my TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see where it outputs 4K. Looks like it only outputs in UHD which is slightly lower than 4K. I need 60fps 4K h.265 capability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doubt if you will find that in a consumer level program.

These day everything is called 4K. Which is not correct.

Wish Elements stops calling it 4K. Its UHD.

Even the industry call their camera's 4K but most of them are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Power Director looks like it may....I’ll have to dig into a little further. Thank you so much for agreeing that UDH and 4K are not the same. It is so frustrating trying to tell people what the differences. I was just on the phone with BH photo and video arguing with them about the difference between you HD and 4K! They were very rude and told me I have a right to my own opinion! I told them it’s not an opinion, it’s a fact and I actually had to give them the definition of both. I then got transferred to a supervisor who did finally refund my money. They are the ones that recommended this program in the first place and it doesn’t do anything that I ever asked for. Not sure if I will do business with them again because of their rude, ignorant treatment of their customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meantime, check out my free Basic Training videos for PowerDirector on YouTube. They'll give you a feel for how the program works.

You can also find them on the left side of this page on my web site.

*** PowerDirector 16 Ultimate***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I appreciate the link but it doesn’t work on an Apple device. The website works, but I cannot see any of your videos because they are in flash format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

micron929rr  wrote

cannot see any of your videos because they are in flash format

Try Steve's YouTube channel. 

Basic Training for CyberLink PowerDirector, part 1 of 8 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that PowerDirector is a Windows only program.

You don't say, but there are indications you're on a Mac, which kind of limits your video editing options. iMovie may be your best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I use a Windows machine.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 7:59 AM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines