• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to tell when frames change

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use WebEx to do internal learning (Professional Development) People will give a presentation and I WebEx it for remote folk to watch as well as record it. The recording is horrible compression and slides are unreadable so the only thing i use the recording for is the audio and a visual queue as to when the slides changed. I take the recording we get from WebEx and then I take the users slides and export them as JPGs then I put the JPGs over the video in the time line as I see that the user changes the slide. Very simple process that just involves scrubbing till the slide changes and put that slide in place. The end result is a nice narrated slide show that other teammates can use to learn form.

I was just curious instead of me scrubbing till the slide changes is there a way in Premier that I can have Premier look for the changes and set markers of some kind? I am not very familiar with Premier so I don't even know the terminology to even look for it. The slides are static slides till they change so the change should be obvious to detect if there is a mechanism to look for these changes.

Also is there a way to scrub faster then 1 frame at a tile or 5 frames at a time by holding shift?  Why does Premier not give us the option to set how many frames to skip at a time?

Thanks All!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You workflow is impressive!  You've figured out a way to use Premiere Elements in a way I don't think was ever intended.  That's good!

I could always be wrong, but I don't think there is any way to get Premiere Elements to look for the changes you describe. 

Regarding the scrubbing, the probable reason for the 1 and 5 frames is the intention to be an editing system for people who use cameras.  Why are you not grabbing the play head marker with your mouse and dragging it?

Good luck with your projects!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Bill.

I didn't think there was but my lack of  knowledge with Premier it's hard to know what you don't know

As for the scrubbing I just found a little better solution than dragging the play head. If you left click and hold on the time indicator you can pull your mouse left or right from it that allows you to scrub easier as well if your pay head is almost at the edge of the screen this method will auto scroll for you. Still not perfect solution but it's better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MrEvets  wrote

As for the scrubbing I just found a little better solution than dragging the play head. If you left click and hold on the time indicator you can pull your mouse left or right from it that allows you to scrub easier

That is a tool that I did not know and will use.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines