• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating MPEG2 Component in PE7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Premiere Elements 7 for many years to edit video and burn to dvd. I had a problem a few days ago with my operating system and installed a fresh copy of PE7. Then I ran into a problem when it came time to burn the dvd because the encoder activation link is broken.

Adobe does not want to speak to me over the phone about this matter and referred me to this forum.

activating-premiere-elements.jpg

I have searched the internet for a solution and found another activation link but it doesn't work for me. Where can I find an unlock key?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These activation components are no longer available. (This is, after all, 8 year old software.)

Download and install the free trial of Premiere Elements 15. It's possible that it will install the components and you'll be able to use them for version 7.

SOMETIMES this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I have purchased one of your books in the past, but with all due respect, what you stated about activation is a load of crap. Even if the PE7 is 8 years old, Adobe still has a duty to support it because they instituted a registration process that cripples my legitimately purchased software. They can release a version that doesn’t require registration when its supported lifespan comes to an end.

This is exactly what happened to me with Audition 3. Several years ago I ran across a similar problem and Adobe phone support provided me with a link to download a copy that doesn’t require registration. (By the way, I’m not that impressed with Adobe telling me to go to the forum’s and have fellow user’s try to figure out a solution.)

To sum it up, I have found PE7 to perform well and do exactly what I want to accomplish. With a fresh install of Windows 7, do you really think a dead link on Adobe’s site should be a compelling reason to upgrade?

I did some more searching and found yet another activation link which worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to a different Adobe codec license activation page.  It worked to make MPEG2 available in PE 10

This is what worked:  https://www.adobe.com/special/encoderactivation/sw_activation02.html

But ... it's a Flash page.   Windows informs me (Oct 2020) that Flash will be disabled on Dec 31, 2020.

I, like the others, am appalled that Adobe doesn't even have a redirect from their old activation page to this functioning one.

It demonstrates that their *system* can still issue license codes.

It's simply the old page that 404's. 

PE 10 is also crippled by demanding that the (my username).Photoshop.com  site be working.

Without it, i seem to be unable to register the package or get Help (altho the Help may be due to Microsoft killing the old Help system as they moved up the Windows tree).

Kudos to EAEC for digging out the (at this moment) operational site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type this in...... BB02-10F1

This will activate Premiere elements 7.0 every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. I cannot find a site to activate the Premier Elements  7 components. This is the third Adobe product Adobe has forced me to abandon and upgrade at a cost. I have tried downloading Premier Element 2018 trial which did not help and from what I can see from the trial it does not offer much more than  PE7. Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type this in...... BB02-10F1

This will activate Premiere elements 7.0 every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are they no longer available? I need them to make a dvd for a funeral. What did adobe throw them out?? Do I get my money back? I purchased the product, why do I need more to unlock the features for the product I purchased?????? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone has to have these codes. Weeks of work went into this memorial video. Only now does the damn program say it will not allow me to do what the program promises to do when you purchase it. This is a horrible cheating, lying, stealing company and someone out there has to be able to save me from their trickery. Please someone provide some kind of unlock code. PLease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a solution -- but sorry you found my input to be a load of crap.

Thanks for sharing the link. It may help others dealing with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OPs link worked for me with PE2 MPEG 2 encoder activation error.

Thank you for your post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in fairness, you're looking for active support for a 10 year old product.

If the product was installed back in 2008, it will still work. You won't be forced to upgrade if it serves your needs.

But if you're doing a new installation of a product a decade old, you can't expect those old activators to still be running on the product's web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just my opinion of course but I think that if you pay several hundred dollars for a piece of plastic, you can expect them to just not remove a service which probably costs less than a dollar per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And furthermore, it gives very negative experiences to customers!
I just bought Adobe Premiere Elements 12 for over $50, installed and it ran without any problems. But then, I wanted to export the project and it came up with this activationg thingy. It p***** me of, honestly. Hours of work for nothing! It makes no sense that I install a product, enter my serial number and then it wants me to again verify something AFTER I worked on a project for hours! Yes, I will not consider Adobe in future, will look for an alternative unless these guys fix up their activation link already!

Thanks for your help guys, it is not your fault of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I am at.  I even have an old laptop with the old one installed.. if I knew how to move the encoder to my current desktop I would, but my old laptop is a PoS at this point haha so I can't run anything on it.

Adobe's care for their customers is so poor.

You didn't figure out any workaround right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I buy a product with perpetual license, I don't except some funcitonality being degraded over time. It's OK for me that it doesn't run in a new OS. But reinstalling it on the same OS and computer should not be depended on the willingness of Adobe to keep de license server running.

I always say: licening server and registration code are only use to harrass people that DO have a legitemate license !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same issue after my computer crashed and I needed to reinstall Windows.  The software itself works, but the website for requesting an encoder license (https://www.adobe.com/motion/mpegactivation.html) gives a 404 error.  I even have the original encoder code, which I kept, but no longer works.

I do have newer versions of Adobe Premiere Elements (Version 13.0) than this one (Version 3.0), but the original project was created with an older version.  I do have the disk images I created for this project, but it would be nice to be able to recreate if I had to.

I think Adobe should at least just keep this license server working for previous owners or provide some sort of universal key.

What prevents me from upgrading my Premiere Elements now is that they have removed Blu-Ray support and I still have to create those for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all. I, too, cannot activate the MPEG 2 component of Premiere Elements Version 7. CV has given me the opportunity to use the Premiere Elements Version 7 I purchased many years ago. I did a bit of reading and determined that PE 2020 included several new features that I could benefit from. And, so I also purchased a copy of Premiere Elements 2020. Now, I have two Adobe Premiere Elements products that fail to function correctly. And, from reading the community "support" dialogs, they never will. I created a great video aggregating multipe wedding videos into one, using several tools available in PE 2020. But, then I attempted to burn a DVD on a PC. No way. After some research I discovered that Adobe is trying to tell me that it fails to recognize my DVD drive because, perhaps, maybe, some other application has "taken hold of it". Very professional diagnosis. But, low and behold. If I use PE Version 7 on the same PC, it finds the DVD drive no problem. OK, knowing I will receive no support from Adobe, and also knowing that I needed to produce the aggregated video as a gift to my wife during CV "stay at home", I created an MPEG 2 file in PE 2020. And, I will open it in PE version 7, and burn the DVD in that application. Clever, eh? Nope. I try to open the MPEG 2 in PE Version 7, and I'm told I don't have the necessary encoder, and I am directed to a link. I dutifully follow the link; but, it fails. I come here and try a bit of what may have worked for a few of you. NG. Then I read Mr. Grisetti's comments. Steve, can I call you Steve, I bourht Version 7 with the understanding that I was getting a full version of the software. Adobe chose to provide some components via download. I did not. So, regardless of how "old" the version 7 may be, Adobe should continue to provide the software that I paid for years back. If they had provided all the software in the box at the time of purchase, or, downloaded it immediately when I first used version 7 I wouldn't be in this mess. This is Adobe's problem, not mine. so, how do we get past this problem?. You suggest that it may be possible to use some modules from a more recent version of PE to allow version 7 to open an MPEG 2 file. Can you be more specific regarding which modules, perhaps by providing the names of the code you're thiinking of. I am happy to experiment to resolve the problem on Version 7, although I would be much happier if PE 2020 was corrected to find the DVD burner. That is the best solution. But, I not holding out a lot of hope for that. And, yes, I posted a note highlighting that problem as well. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried online support for version 2020 to get the DVD burner working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround to this issue.  1 - use an online or other converter to convert your mp4 files to AVI. Edit as AVI in Premier Elements 7 and export the file. Then I used the Adobe Media Endoder in my CS3 package to upload as MPEG2.  A couple years ago I went to get support for my CS3 and because they no longer offered support, they gave me the full CS3 Production Suite that does not need to be registered ever.  The Adobe Media Encoder in it doesn't need activation. Also, the SmartSound installer with Premiere Elements 7 found and installed itself in CS3, so that's fun as well 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I hope you mean that the message was a load of crap. Not the messenger. I have no control over what Adobe does and does not do with regards to supporting older versions of its software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I ran into this issue yesterday - my difference is I have an older PC with it all installed and activated, but that PC is almost at EOL so I am using my new desktop.  Do you know the File Directory where I can access these codecs to transfer to my new desktop? It is probably the simplest solution for me.

I purchased the newest Premiere elements a few weeks ago only to find out at the end of my project that HD disc burning is not supported anymore 😕 I may be requested my money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Adobe Premier Elements 7.0 Mpeg 2 Activation Code:*

*114310000369754390311117-0001-ADBE-77BE*

*BB02-10F1*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this code does not work, I assume it expired or something.  Thank you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Unlock key Box, just type in:

BB02-10F1

Hit, 'OK'. This works for me all the time.

Note:

Be sure your computer is off line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines