• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add media Failure | Error Message

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Message: This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not is not installed.

I've been uploading and editing .mov files from the same camera for almost a year.

Tried to start another project and all of a sudden, this error message is coming up.

The only thing that I can think has happened is my computer recently updated.

Please help!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

What codec?

What version of Premiere Elements?

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

The camera is a DJI Phantom 4 Pro and it does not specify what the codec is.

My version of Premiere Elements is 15

Operating system Windows 10 Home.

Windows 10 Home was installed on 6/5/2018 and that's the exact time I started to have this issue.

Error Message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode with Handbrake before importing into Premiere Elements:

Fixing  video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob,

Yes, this did work.

However it took about about 10 minutes to convert and this is inefficient when editing multiple video clips.

I'm curious how to resolve this issue and go back to normal. It wasn't until i updated Windows 10 Home that I started to have this problem.

Any thoughts on to what the codec is that they are referring to? Any thoughts on how to fix the problem instead?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the details of your footage from the tree view from MediaInfo.  Better would be to share a clip via DropBox or similar.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having this same issue since last summer. I found a quick fix in uploading the video to Window's Movie Maker, exporting. Adding to PE.

I've had some many issues with Premiere Elements, I'll never purchase an Adobe video editing program again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines