Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Media Failure

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

On my Dell laptop I'm trying to upload video files to edit from my One Plus 5 smartphone to edit on Premiere Elements 14.  Unfortunately the files I'm uploading always come with a Add Media Failure box and the message " The Importer reported a generic error ".  I don't usually have issues with this and successfully uploaded before on Elements. 

These particular files are from June 2018 and open with standard video media platforms that came with the laptop but not with Elements 14.

Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).png

Hi Bob,  here is the first part of the tree image.  Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

….and here is the second half of the tree image.  Sorry for delay in replying.  I have 17 of these videos all taken a few days from each other so assuming they have same make-up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Bob, but he would probably refer to "Frame Rate Mode:  Variable".  Premiere Elements has trouble with that.

There are a couple possible fixes.  The free and very good program called "Handbrake" should be able to convert your variable frame rate footage to a constant frame rate and Premiere Elements will then work. 

Variable frame rate footage is becoming more common with the newest iPhone.  Adobe has responded.  The release information for the newest version, 2019, emphasises variable frame rate compatibility.   Before you commit money, take advantage of the free trial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whsprague  wrote

I'm not Bob, but he would probably refer to "Frame Rate Mode:  Variable".  Premiere Elements has trouble with that.

There are a couple possible fixes.  The free and very good program called "Handbrake"

That's correct.

Here is a link to a Handbrake tutorial:

Fixing  video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines