• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a caption to a photo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to use Premier Elements to make a slideshow from photos.  I am new to Premier. I have 2 questions.

Can I add a few words of plain text to the bottom of the photos? No special effects.

If this is possible, can someone give me a brief step-by-step, please.

The only option I can find (Grisetti's book) is to add a new element between photos called a Title. I do not want new elements.

Grisetti recommends downsizing photos before bringing them into a project. He mentions the Process Multiple Files feature in Photoshop Elements. I do not have Photoshop. Is there another application or method to do this, or should I purchase Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't actually add the title between the photos.  It is added on the video line above your photo track.  There is no other way to put text into your slide show.  There are a lot of title choices.  One is very simple text.

My practice has been to NOT include downsizing as a processing step.  It may be that when our computers and software were less powerful, downsizing was needed.  

Try setting up a quick test.  Open a new project and add a hundred random image files and see how it works.  It was a few years ago in a similar discussion on this forum that I tried it.  I did it with large RAW files and resized JPEGs.  I saw no significant difference.

If you've not already done it, watch Steve's introductory course.  Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2019, Part 1 of 8 - YouTube

Steve has a more thorough course on Linda.com too.

Good luck with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will do YouTube, & Lynda, & experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines