Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a video with two audio tracks

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a video with two separate audio tracks. When I add the video to the Elements, the program does not recognize one of the tracks. What is the best way to get around this?

The software is 2020 Premier Elements on Win10.

Thanks

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

You can always use Audacity to save the audio from the second track as a WAV file -- then you could import the WAV file into your project and swap it for the first audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the effects section there is one to copy the left track to the right and another to do the opposite.   Depending on the nature of the recording that might work.  The real solution would be to figure out why one of the tracks disappears.  What is the source and structure of the audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @whsprague,

I don't think Premiere Elements has the effect you mentioned in your post. Here is the full list of effects:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/user-guide.html

I also checked the audio codec from VLC. It is reported as MPEG AAC audio for both tracks. One of them is system sounds and the other one is the microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't think Premiere Elements has the effect you mentioned in your post."  

Please take another look:  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for pointing me the audio effects. This setting is most likely swapping the left and right channels for one track only.

My problem is the video contains two tracks (both being stereo) and only one of the tracks appears in the workspace.

Audacity shows two tracks for the same video in its workplace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always use Audacity to save the audio from the second track as a WAV file -- then you could import the WAV file into your project and swap it for the first audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"This setting is most likely swapping the left and right channels for one track only."

I misunderstood your first post. I was thinking two channels, not two stereo tracks.   Steve (as usual!) has the better answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines