• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding audio file to a project

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PREMIER ELEMENT 10. I try to add an audio file to a project and I receive a message «Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique/ the import module signal a generic error» and the file is not added to the project. The audio file is an MP4 format in my ITUNE library. What can I do to import an AUDIO-FILE? Thank you for your help.

Serge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Serge,

Audacity will record anything playing on your computer.  Start Audacity, press record, start and play your media in your favorite player and save it as a WAV.   Please don't use my suggestion to violate someones copy rights!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably because Apple does not want their music files used and has them "copy protected". 

Pasted from a google search:  "Digital rights management (DRM) is a systematic approach to copyright protection for digital media. The purpose of DRM is to prevent unauthorized redistribution of digital media and restrict the ways consumers can copy content they've purchased."

Depending on your feelings about copy rights, you may be able to use programs like the (free) Audition to solve the issue.

I keep a list of music sources that are intended to be used for video.  Some are free and some cost money.  I can post some links if you want them.

Good luck with it!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Bille for your suggestion. Unfortunately I did try, also to add music I bought on a CD and it does'nt work either, so I'm still facing the situation were I can't add music to a video project, wich should be basic as an editing operation.

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serge,

My routine is to "Add Media" from "Files and Folders", just like video clips.  It works every time!

I think I remember that the built in music program in version 10 was from a third party and was difficult to use. 

What and how are you doing it?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill. I do exactly like you and it work fine for video files but somehow, it doesn’t seems to work with audio-file.

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to rip the cd to hdd first, then import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. I am sorry but I do not understand what is the meaning of « rip the cd to hdd». My English is not so good...

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serge,

What I think Ann is trying to say is that the file format on the CD may not be what you need for Premiere Elements.  You have to get them copied to your computer ("ripped") to a usable format. 

WAV files are thought to be easiest to use.  MP3 files work too. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill. I will try that.

Serge

[phone? junk removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

WAV files are thought to be easiest to use.  MP3 files work too. 

I wouldn't use mp3 files.  Some folks have had no issues with them, but the problem with mp3 files is that they might work OK for most of the project and then all of a sudden, they cause problems.

It only takes a few minutes to convert mp3 to wav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, you were all right. I have to modify the file extention to WAV file and then I can insert the audio file in  my video project. It seems easy with file that I can read from a CD, using Windows media player to extract and modifying the extension to WAV. But for the files I have bought on iTUNES, it seems more complex. I have tryed using program like AUDACITY, winLAME 2017 and FFmpeg but nothing seems to work. I will try to burn my iTUNE music on a CD and then extract the file, using Windows media player , from the CD. It seems to be an indirect way but I will try it and comeback to share results.

Thanks again to all.

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DRM is added for a reason......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serge,

Audacity will record anything playing on your computer.  Start Audacity, press record, start and play your media in your favorite player and save it as a WAV.   Please don't use my suggestion to violate someones copy rights!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I think, I understand the concept of copy rights and I agree with your concern. I want to reassure you that I am not a film maker, working in Hollywood. I just want to add music to souvenirs from a trip last month. I did pay for buying the music either on CD and from iTUNE. My understanding is that by paying for the music, I did buy the autorisation to listen to the music, either on my computer or my iPHONE or while looking at my video. With your help, I was finaly able to do that. I am gratefull  for your help.

Have a nice day

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serge,

Glad you got it figured out and done.

My understanding is that, along time ago, it was determined we could record and listen to anything for personal use.  To me that would include videos I make of my travels and watch on my TV.   It gets a little more gray if we produce DVDs and distribute them to friends and family. 

Where I think it gets "sticky" is if we put our videos on YouTube so our friends can watch what we did on our trip.   YouTube is a commercial enterprise and they even go so far as to delete audio tracks.

There is an amazing wealth of music we can get that is intended for use in our videos.   Twice I've bought CDs and contacted the artist for permission.  They were not famous, and encouraged me to put their contact info in my credits. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your comments seems very wise to me and a good way to do things. Thanks again.

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines