Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding media in order...

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've noticed that when I add a bunch of photos from a collection into the collage, it does not add them in order. This is a pain if you want to use your photos in order. Is there a way to sort them? The file names are in numeric order upon which they were taken...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Once you've imported the photos into your project, set the Project Assets panel to display is List View rather than Grid View. You can then click on the column header "Name" and it will sort your clips into alpha numeric order.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've imported the photos into your project, set the Project Assets panel to display is List View rather than Grid View. You can then click on the column header "Name" and it will sort your clips into alpha numeric order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I did the list view and clicked on name. The order was reversed but the sequence wasn't corrected. There seems to be no logic to the order in the list, The order is perfect in the Windows folder. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go to Panel Options in the upper right corner of Project Assets and select the Sort option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just realised that when I added a sequence number to the filenames, I inadvertently added an extra 0 at the beginning of 3 of the filenames. I have corrected this and the suggestions above now work fine.

Sorry I troubled everyone with what turned out to be my own error.

Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'd prefer to be able to drag and drop jpegs/clips in the Project Asset window. This avoids having to scroll around dragging them in the timeline. I don't want to have to rename possibly hundreds of files to get them in order. The suggestion that you sort them in list mode ...it's much easier to just to drag and drop in a grid of thumbnails. For general navigation usability is there a way to jump the timeline to start/end/ mid, or jump 20 < or >? Scrolling along dragging a jpeg from position 10 to 110 is not efficient and scrolling off the end of the screen sometimes stops. Then when you get to where you want to drop it, how to ensure it snaps to the start end of the insert point rather than split another clip/jpeg in two? Sorry if I am missing the basics here, beginner, but I write software specifications for a living  The method for setting clip lenghts for a standard length is a pain. You get everything all done and you think OK maybe 2 secs isn't  quite right, lets change them all to 1.6.  I read tye instructions and it said You can change it for future use but you have to delete everthing in the aaset mngr and the timeline  and reload it all to get the default duration reset! Like start over? You gotta be kidding! 

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines