• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding photos to Premiere Elements in the album order of Photo Elements

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 2020 and Photo Elements 2020, running in Windows 10. I have created an album of photos and video clips in the Photo Elements Organizer, and I want to create a slideshow in Premiere Elements.

When I import the photos and clips, Premiere Elements re-orders them and I lose the sequencing I did in Organizer. Ordering the photos and clips is much easier in Organizer than in Premiere Elements, so I'd like to do that part of the process in Organizer.

Is there a way to import album order into Premiere Elements?

Thank you.

TOPICS
FAQ , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier posts on this forum have suggested schemes for renaming files using a system with the names having some leading zeros.   Not great, but it can be made to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. That would seem to indicate I'm not missing a feature of the programs, and that importing in album order isn't directly possible.

Renaming files wouldn't do me much good, because it would be easy to miss-name photos and either duplicate images or lose them. 

I have a work-around that is simple, but also subject to error: I open a window on the right side of my monitor with the Photoshop Elements Organizer displaying the photos in album order. I then open a second window on the left side of my monitor with Premiere Elements open in "Quick" edit mode. Then I drag each photo in the correct order from Organizer to the Quick timeline. Awkward, but it works.

There should be a way to do a batch import in album order - it doesn't make sense to me that such a powerful program doesn't support such an obvious feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"There should be a way to do a batch import in album order"

I agree, but there is none I know of.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines