Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding scoreboad to sports videos

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm a beginner in video editing and recently jumped onto the Premiere Elements 2018 platform.

I use it mainly for editing of my children's game videos.

Can I ask here how do you add scoreboard to the videos for say basketball games?

The type that shows the score of the game as it progresses.

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to add actual live video of the scoreboard as a picture-in-picture inset -- or are you looking to just add a text overlay onto your video that shows the score?

If you're trying to add a live feed of the score that changes in real time, like broadcasters do, that can be a lot of work. There's no automatic way to do this, so you'll manually need to make a new title every time the score changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding.

The Picture in Picture inset solution is neat but unfortunately capture of live scoreboard is not always possible.

So, text overlay is probably more what I am after.

I think there's scorecam on the iOS platform which could work, update of score is done while recording though, but I can't get enough zoom on iphones/ipads.

I was hoping that similar solution is possible during video editing.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not in Premiere Elements. You'd have to manually add the score as a title for your movie and update it manually every time the score changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines