• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding Text at multiple points in footage

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can easily add beginning text.... or even add text in mid or end-   I am, however, having difficulty figuring out how to add multiple text blocks at different time line point.   For example:  I have a 5 minute videos.  Intro text with a few lines is established.  1 minute in I would like to add a new block of texts.   at 3 minutes in a third new block-  etc.   Is there a way to do this in all one edit?  or do I have to import the same clip 5 times in order to obtain the 5 different text locations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not quite clear what you're asking.

You ask if you have to import the same clip 5 times in order to obtain the 5 different text locations. When you add text, you don't need to import any clips.

Are you adding your titles as overlays, with text behind it, at several locations in your video or are you trying to insert titles to the Video 1 track, breaking up the video each time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a 5 minute nature video I would like to have 5 different locations for text-  I have my intro text but when I try to add text at the one minute mark it starts me at the beginning.   my question is how do I keep my intro text then ADD a text at the one minute marker?   then ADD another separate text at the two minute mark...    and so on.  So finial edit has a 5 minute video with 5 separate blocks of text  at different time markers.

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎January‎ ‎5‎, ‎2019‎ ‎09‎:‎22‎:‎36‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

adding Text at multiple points in footage

created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

It's not quite clear what you're asking.

You ask if you have to import the same clip 5 times in order to obtain the 5 different text locations. When you add text, you don't need to import any clips.

Are you adding your titles as overlays, with text behind it, at several locations in your video or are you trying to insert titles to the Video 1 track, breaking up the video each time?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10850131#10850131 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10850131#10850131

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when I try to add text at the one minute mark it starts me at the beginning."

I don't understand why this would happen.

Can you detail step by step what you're doing  and at which people the playhead jumps to the beginning of your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines