Using Premiere Elements to take 11 video files and edit them into 1 video. There are 6 .MOV files and 5 .MP4 files. I added them to my timeline and they're all arranged in the right order and play normally after rendering. The resulting video is ~31 minutes long. I want to add a title overlay to describe a particular section of the video. So I moved the current time indicator to the section I wanted then used Text - New Text - Default Text and added a Title section which showed up in Video 2. I edited it to have the text I wanted, rendered, it and viewed it. When I ran it the title gets a strange video glitch when the title appears. The video start to flicker between normal and a negative image and the text gets duplicated, sometimes upside down. If I remove the title section everything works normally. The same kind of thing happens sometimes when I add a transition between clips. Any idea why this is happening?
Copy link to clipboard
It might work to change the settings in Edit > Preferences > General for timeline rendering quality and hardware acceleration. That may help.
During editing you are watching real time previews. With the mix of file types and adding a title, your CPU might not be up to the task! However, when you output the video, the coding or "rendering" slows down and may get it right. Try setting the work area bars around the title section and restrict output to "work area bars" only.
Yes! Thank you very much! I was tearing my hair out. Your very first item about the rendering quality did the trick. So much time saved.
Thank you Dad2Three for replying with your success. I try to answer one or two questions a day and it makes a difference when I hear back that it works!
I had the same experience with a moving text title. The title was OK in the preview during editing. But after rendering to mp4 file the title gave a strange effect where it has to disappear: for about 1 second a negative image and a mirrored text on top of the screen (the real position of the title was on the bottom of the screen). So the result was not good and I had to change the text to a non moving title.
After reading WhsPrague 's reply I checked the settings that he mentioned. And I changed to high quality preview with hardware acceleration. And he was right: using those settings (after deleting cache for the project) changed the result of the preview: no I can see in the preview that the result is not good because it shows the same error at the end of the title.
Now I'm sure I found a bug in that kind of moving titles.
The shot in the project was a .mts file 1440x1080 PAL and the project setting for resultfile was .mp4 1920x1080 PAL.
Maybe that upgrading can be the cause of the error but I had no other shot and I wanted the 1920 result file.