• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust acceleration of fade in / fade out in Premiere Elements 2018?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a fade in and fade out to a clip.

But the fade out is just liner from normal to black.  Looks weak.

I want to make it a more gradual fade at first, then accelerate.

Anybody know how?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

If you open the Opacity keyframe controller in the Applied Effects panel, you can interpolate the keyframes by right-clicking on them and selecting the interpolation option.

Interpolating changes the transition from keyframe to keyframe from a constant, linear speed to various speed changes, as you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the Opacity keyframe controller in the Applied Effects panel, you can interpolate the keyframes by right-clicking on them and selecting the interpolation option.

Interpolating changes the transition from keyframe to keyframe from a constant, linear speed to various speed changes, as you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I had absolutely now idea what you meant at first, but I figured it out based on your description.

Here's a picture explaining it in case it helps anyone else (or me later...) : )

Bezier curve.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this.  Perfect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks but is there a setting in preferences that i can change this so that going forward all my fade in and outs are a little shorter or quicker?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe someone else knows a way of changing the preferences for your fades, but I don't.  One way to make it easier is to put a clip on the timeline, make the adjustments you want and right click to select Copy.  You can then select one or several clips, right click and select Paste Effects and Adjustments.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines