Highlighted

Adjust acceleration of fade in / fade out in Premiere Elements 2018?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a fade in and fade out to a clip.

But the fade out is just liner from normal to black.  Looks weak.

I want to make it a more gradual fade at first, then accelerate.

Anybody know how?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

If you open the Opacity keyframe controller in the Applied Effects panel, you can interpolate the keyframes by right-clicking on them and selecting the interpolation option.

Interpolating changes the transition from keyframe to keyframe from a constant, linear speed to various speed changes, as you're trying to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adjust acceleration of fade in / fade out in Premiere Elements 2018?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a fade in and fade out to a clip.

But the fade out is just liner from normal to black.  Looks weak.

I want to make it a more gradual fade at first, then accelerate.

Anybody know how?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

If you open the Opacity keyframe controller in the Applied Effects panel, you can interpolate the keyframes by right-clicking on them and selecting the interpolation option.

Interpolating changes the transition from keyframe to keyframe from a constant, linear speed to various speed changes, as you're trying to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 2
CBecks LATEST
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I had absolutely now idea what you meant at first, but I figured it out based on your description.

Here's a picture explaining it in case it helps anyone else (or me later...) : )

Bezier curve.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 1