• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adjustment layer effects keyframes stopped working in specific file (Adobe Premiere Elements 2018)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this issue has been posted before but this is extremely annoing.  I've searched all over the internet and haven't found any answers.

Anyways, I have a project file I'm working on.  Old adjustment layers are working exactly as they should, but when I add a new adjustment layer and add an effect (guassian blur for instance) the problem arises.  The effect appears as it should without keyframes but as soon as I add some keyframes to very the effect with time it goes heywire.  The variations in the effect have no relation to the placed keyframes.  For example, I want a scene to gradually blur as it fades out, so I set a keyframe 2 seconds from the end of the clip to 0 blur effect and ramp up to 50 at the end.  When I play the timeline, instead of starting at zero and ramping up to 50, it seems to start at 50 and go backwards to zero.  It's almost like the .prel file is corrupt.  I'd like to know how to fix the file as I'd rather throw my computer out the window than completely start over on my project. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are adjustment layers supposed to work with keyframed variations?

Actually, I'd never considered that -- but I tried it and it works just fine for me.

What effect is giving you problems? Guaussian blur worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem seems to be with any effect applied over a certain clip constructed out of a PNG image.  It's a 3840x2160 photograph with transparancy effects (in order to see through to a video clip underneath).  I couldn't figure it out for the life of me so I just applied the blur individually each of the overlapping layers and moved on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines