• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Layers Cause Flicker -- Why?

Participant ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first clip below is made from before making adjustments.

I made a haze adjustment and a highlight & shadow adjustment then the second clip shows the flicker.

I'm a new user of Premiere Elements 2018 (not pro)

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Hi Jim,

I duplicated the two adjustments you used and uploaded to YouTube and it played without any flicker. Here's what I'd suggest:

1. Start with a new project.

2. Upload the video.

3. Add the haze adjustment only. (Do not add the highlight & shadow adjustment nor the animated "Come feed the turtles".)

4. Save and export.

5. Test. If no flicker, add the highlight & shadow adjustment, save and export again.

6. Test. If no flicker, then add the animated "Come feed the turtles".

If at any point you get t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I duplicated the two adjustments you used and uploaded to YouTube and it played without any flicker. Here's what I'd suggest:

1. Start with a new project.

2. Upload the video.

3. Add the haze adjustment only. (Do not add the highlight & shadow adjustment nor the animated "Come feed the turtles".)

4. Save and export.

5. Test. If no flicker, add the highlight & shadow adjustment, save and export again.

6. Test. If no flicker, then add the animated "Come feed the turtles".

If at any point you get the flicker, the last adjustment is the culprit. Try changing the order of the adjustments.(e.g. First add the highlight & shadow and then the haze adjustment.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent suggestions.

Haze Removal is the culprit.  I did  Haze Removal alone and it flickered.  Then I started over with Highlight & Shadow, no flicker.  I added what you call the animation still no flicker (it doesn't move so why animation?)  Then I added Haze Removal and the flicker began.

That's too bad, the Haze Removal improved the video quite a bit.  Is there a fix?

Edited to add:

I do not need to Export the video to see the flicker.  It's obvious in the development environment.

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines