• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 14 can I import photos for stop motion project...

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times before..

I have access to a recently installed  Adobe Elements 14 and wish to use this software to edit a stop motion animation.  I have all the DLSR photographs and audio and just need to edit.  I want to add each photo directly to the timeline so as I can see them alongside the audio track for lip-syncing etc.  I also want to be able to adjust each added frame to a set length re: frame rate.  I personally advised the purchase of this software due to good reviews and some how to tutorials on Youtube, but I am concerned that I have made the wrong choice as I have now read that Elements 14 doesn't have stop motion functionality.  Is there a work around that would meet my needs as stated above or could it be arranged for an earlier version of Adobe Premiere to be installed which would better address my needs?

Editing is very new to me and my initial experience with the software was a bit overwhelming.  I would welcome any input.

If I am able to do what I wish to do using 14, is there a simple how to guide available as I'm constantly having to look things up online.

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding of "stop motion" is that it simply a slide show where you control the image display rate.  Premiere Elements is good at that. 

Have you added the photos to the time line yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there whsprague.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm wanting to do.

I've still to add the photos as there are sequences where I'll need to select specific photos to match the dialogue (using the sound wave as a guide) to make an attempt at lipsyncing, so my plan is to build it up that way, and dropping in whole sequences where there is no dialogue.  I'll then add in music and any other effects.  But I'm also a complete newbie to all this.  The whole issue with dialogue is that I believe that I need to build them up in tandem with each other as I need the image to match the dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is going to provide you with a "basic tools" approach.  You will be able to adjust duration of slides (frame rate) and move the sound track along the time line.  It may turn out to be tedious and a lot of work. 

There are no automatic lip-syncing tools.   Before you get too much time invested, consider a search on "stop motion video software".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gavina, it might be a lot easier if you took everything in small bites. Put another way, "a sentence or two at a time." After each piece, save and go on to the next. Experiment with the different transitions to see if that helps smooth out some of the rougher spots to tie all of the pieces together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines