• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 14 will not auto sync

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Premiere 14 for some time and I have occasionally had the problem described below occur once or twice and it has resolved itself during my button pressing frenzy to get it to correct. This time I have been unable to solve it.

Sequence of the problem.

Load up Adobe Elements 14

Select the Project from the File Option on the top left hand corner of the opening Adobe screen.

It shows some of the resources (clips) in a file and asks the user to find one showing the I.D. number  however the clip with the requested number is not shown.I then search among all the clips which belong to the project until I find the clip requested.

I select this by clicking it and after a long pause it appears to have found it too.

Another clip is requested. The second clip is distant from the first one and I give in.

I realise that the project is trying to sync the editing with the assets.

What should I be doing to assist it.

I may have asked this question twice in succession. This was an error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I think you are describing, it is because you have moved or removed your source files.  You can't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that if you are using Windows and an external hard drive that you have a fixed drive letter assigned to the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peru Bob for your answer. There has been some delay before looking at this problem. I do infact have everything stored on one hard drive so I assumed that tall the connections cannot be lost and that has always seemed to be the case and infarct that has been the case in the past. However Adobe does in fact give some useful help by saying which asset it needs to be able to continue. I will write up the method I used to link everything together and successfully solve the problem but there was on part of my process which was not clear to me and I will need to clarify this before my experience is useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines