• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe elements 2018 freezes with spinning wheel of death!

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just started using adobe elements 2018 to edit my GoPro footage. After importing I can be halfway through editing and all of a sudden I will get the apple spinning pizza of death. the programme is unresponsive and eventually after waiting for a reasonable amount of time my only option is to force quit. This is obviously very annoying. anybody have any idea of steps I can take to prevent this? I am using a MacBook Pro 2017, with the latest version of high Sierra. I have already tried reinstalling elements. which worked for a short while and then I'm back to the same problem.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the GoPro footage to the CineForm Codec with the GoPro Utility before importing into Premiere Elements:

GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world - How To Prepare Video Files for Editing (Apple ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also a new installer for Premiere Elements 2018 and running the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.4 on a Imac 27" late 2015 and it works great until it starts is Spin on death which only is remedied with a force quite.  Please help  The freeze happens every time I use the "pan/zoom feature" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please look at the suggestions here:

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got so tired of Premier Elements 14 freezes and crashes on my 2016 Mac Pro running High Sierra, with a 1TB solid state drive and 32 GB of RAM that I bought the latest Premier Elements 2018. I've been using it for only a few days and it either crashes or freezes as much or more than Premier 14! It seems to happen arbitrarily, so I can't pinpoint any specific causes. I close all other programs but my email software (Outlook for Mac). I've had to change my auto save to 7 minutes so I never lose more than that much time. I absolutely love the program but am annoyed by its instability. I've added no plugins and have a huge scratch disk. Would resetting the .psp file make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  As much as I like PE, this crashing is forcing me to move off to another app.  Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These new Mac operating systems are really wreaking havoc on Premiere Elements.

I'm not sure what's going, but my pre-Sierra Mac has no problems at all running the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Can you specify the exact steps which lead to this hang in Premiere elements? I will try to reproduce and debug the issue at my end.

Thanks,

Nidhi Bhushan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines