• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PE2018

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last 3 years I have used PE12 as my film making software and I have been rather fortunate in the competition results. Wishing to use say larger file maps and pan around them let alone the odd 4K video included in the HD presentation, my camcorder has that facilty.

I bought and installed PE2018 with its 3840 x 2160 file size handling capability and then I could not get it to save the film as an HD file and burn onto a disc let alone a Blu-Ray disc or 4K to disc. It will only save a 4k sized file as only a computer file on to a USB memory stick. Lots of competition entries are still on Blu-ray discs.

After nearly two days with the PC builders and then Adobe into and out of my new PC by remote trying to resolve this none burning HD quality, with new codecs etc installed and then removed again, leaving a lot of my previously working software trashed, Adobe have come back with the following phrase

You have contacted us regarding the technical issue with Adobe Premiere Elements with saving video to Blueray. I would like to inform you that feature not available with Premiere Elements 2018.”

Are they really saying they have developed a 4K compatible software package that can only save to an SD quality file and then only to a DVD? Just hoping I have mis understood what Adobe are saying. Has anybody found a way of saving to an HD or 4K file burnt to disc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

grahamr14222355  wrote

Are they really saying they have developed a 4K compatible software package that can only save to an SD quality file and then only to a DVD? Just hoping I have mis understood what Adobe are saying. Has anybody found a way of saving to an HD or 4K file burnt to disc?

You can definitely create 4K and HD video files.   In my work my procedure is to use memory sticks on my own 4K TV and sending them to Vimeo for others to view. 

Adobe has removed Blu-Ray burning and I don't know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grahamr14222355  wrote

You can definitely create 4K and HD video files.   In my work my procedure is to use memory sticks on my own 4K TV and sending them to Vimeo for others to view. 

Adobe has removed Blu-Ray burning and I don't know why.  Premiere Elements 15 seems to be the last for Blu-Ray burning.

I've not tried it, but I think you can copy a MP4 in HD or 4K to a DVD and most Blu-Ray players will play it.  But you don't get menus. 

If it helps I can be more detailed about my work flow.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill

Thank you so much for your quick answer. Once I posted the question and getting over the shock, I produced on PE18 a short film panning around a 4K sized still image map plus a couple of HD video clips as a makeshift film and saved that as a HD computer file, I then loaded that computer file into my older PE12 and burnt that to a blu-ray disc, which is give or take what you are saying. Hmm think Adobe have lost another loyal customer, what a ridiculous situation, what sort of thought processes ended up removing the Blu-ray capability.

Thanks again Bill

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines