• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe premeire elements component activation link 404

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had adobe premeire elements 4 for years and I just reinstalled it onto my laptop. It told me to go to this website and input the serial number to get the MPEG2 component.

www.adobe.com/go/encoderactivation

a 404 page telling me it doesn't exist. every. time.

I do not want the latest product, i just want access to the old one. Does anyone know where i can activate my disc copy or is this just another brilliant design by adobe to make things i paid for be invalid when out of date.

edit/// did more research and as it turns out, I found someone who struggled with this issue ~3 years ago so its nice to know adobe is on top of it, as usual, and no longer supports this version. period. thank you for once again proving to be crooks in every sense of the word, adobe. Good night.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're using, but online activation ended several years ago. If you're using an older version of the program, there is no way to activate the Main Concept codecs (like MPEG) that were loaded with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how am I do upload things using my program that is working perfectly otherwise? I cannot change the files or upload it without that activation link. I have stated that I am referring to Adobe Premiere Elements 4, on the disc that was purchased along with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry but you won't be able to activate those components on a new install of that 13+ year old program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines