Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Elements 2019 - Photos in Video Editor are Grainy

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am a complete newbie to video editing - I recently returned from honeymoon and want to make a video including both photos and videos from our trip.

When I input photos into the video editor the quality is hugely reduced - they are grainy and not sharp - I have tried pressing the "render" button and this doesn't help

I have read that I may need to resize the images however when I do this they go so small that you cant really see them properly

All photos were taken on my iPhone and are a mix of portrait and landscape - on my computer the images look really clear

As an example a portrait photo taken is 3024 x 4032 pixels

Can any one help - apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge

Thank you so much for your help

Chad

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what video editing software are you using? How are you importing them? Or resizing them? What format are you rendering out the final video as? H264? Mpeg-4? AVI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step in Premiere Elements 2019 is getting the project setting right.  For a "slide show" of still images the goal will be to match the screen you will be viewing on. 

How are you setting up the project?

Regarding "resizing", I never do it.  If your computer is not strong enough, resizing might help with processing speed.  But for a good, clear video the more pixels the better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for the reply - I am using Adobe Premier Elements Video Editor

I am importing through the add media button

The project settings are default i.e. 1920 x 1080

What should these be for a mixture of photos (Landscape and Portrait) and video?

I have got a Dell XPS 15 I7 so should be no issue with computer strength

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see during editing is a real time preview rendered from the source media.  Depending on variables, including the computer itself, it may be off less quality than the final product.  Can you output a portion and see what the result looks like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chad,

Thanks for reaching out. I read the entire conversation about the preview mismatch between the original file and the timeline display in Premiere Elements. I noticed that there is a difference between the resolution(frame size) for the clip i.e. 3024 x 4032 and the timeline settings i.e.1920 x 1080. I assume this could be causing the issue.

Here's a suggestion:

• Create a new project with matching resolutions for both media file and the project.

Let me know if that gives you correct preview.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines