• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Problem

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've started having problems with correct video and sound timing once I upload a file into editor. The original video file (data source) is fine. But when I upload video to the editor the sound seems playing correctly but the video itself seems to get cut short (couple of seconds at the beginning and couple second at the end of the video) and then the remaining footage expands to the same lenght as the sound. So the video does not fit the sound. I have done nothing with the settings. Please help, I have no idea how to solve this.
Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anthing about your computer or source media I can only guess.   It may be that your computer is running out of disk space or memory when it is generating the real time previews used while you are editing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tip. However the problem remains the same even in final exported video. So it looks like the issue is already in uploading the original file into media source. 
It is also weird that the issue started recently "out of knowhere", I have some older videos using the same file format as a media source and the same type of editing and they are completely fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't include what the media source is.  Premiere Elements can be picky if it is not a common camera format.   

A "work around" might be to use the (free) Handbrake program to transcode or "clean" your source video and put it into some very common format.  

Although it might not make logical sense, the preferences in "Audio Hardware" can have odd effects.  I've had those settings change mysteriously on my computer twice.  (I suspect because of Windows updates.)  Whatever is in Audio Hardware/Default Input, try changing it.  If there, "None" is a good choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media source is MP4. I am going to check all of those settings, thanks a lot for your help :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In video, "MP4" is not a source or format.  It is a "container" full of stuff including both video and audio codecs.  The contents of an MP4 can be viewed with the (free) program MediaInfo.   The list of codecs that might be stuffed in there is pretty long.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not know that, that could cause the problem. Thank you a lot for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines