Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 quick editor cannot open

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App name: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 quick editor

I am using MAC OS 10.12.6. I purchased this app through Apple AppStore several years ago but I have been not able to open this app for a long time, probably since MAC OS 10.8. Maybe I need to upgrade it??? Another option is that I download the new version from Adobe directly but then I will need to pay for it, which means that I pay twice for this app. Let me know what I should do.

[Moved... you do not ask questions in the FAQ space... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Mac user.  My understanding is that the Premiere Elements that was at the Apple AppStore was limited in some ways.  I may be wrong.   If you have the serial number you should be able to reinstall.   I can provide a link to a fresh installation file if it is the Adobe version and not the limited Apple store version.  Can the AppStore provide a fresh installer?

What video are you wanting to edit?  A lot has changed in the several years since version 11 was released with both computers and cameras (including phones).  If you are going to do much editing, a fresh version may be worth it.  If you are not going to do much editing, iMovie should be enough. 

The newest version called "Premiere Elements 2018" will likely go on sale for about $60 during the holiday sales.  You can save even more if you buy it from a store in New York like B&H where they don't charge sales tax. 

Good luck with your projects....

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes I can find it in Apple AppStore and reinstall it, but the same problem always stays there -- it crashes at launch. Actually I have tried couple times.

I know that it may be a good idea to purchase a new version, but how can I know whether the new version works on my laptop? I mean I need to make sure that the app can be launched in good order before I make a purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

zs69211517  wrote

.... but how can I know whether the new version works on my laptop? I mean I need to make sure that the app can be launched in good order before I make a purchase.

Most (maybe all) of Adobe software will install and run for awhile (a month?) as a trial.  It is the full version but will put a watermark on your output saying it is a trial.  When you like how it works, you buy it.  Then you put in the serial number, re-run your output and the watermark goes away. 

Download the Mac version of Premiere Elements 2018 here:  http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/16/osx10/PremiereElements_2018_WWEFDJ.dmg

Good luck with your projects!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines