• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 issues.

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased this application from the apple app store for 150 dollars and now the only thing in the application that works is the organizer and nothing else. When I open the application and try to click on either photo editor or video editor, A notification pops up saying " PLEASE DO NOT LAUNCH THIS APPLICATION FROM WITHIN THIS APPLICATION PACKAGE. INSTEAD PLEASE LAUNCH FROM YOUR APPLICATIONS FOLDER" I open the entire abobe app from my application folder. I contacted apple and they told me to erase and redownload the application, I did and the same thing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you purchased a four-year-old version of the program? If you'd have purchased the current version (version 2019) you'd have received free installation support from Adobe. This is a user-to-user forum.

You don't say what you've done to install the program, but did you open the .dmg or .zip from and extract the installation files from it?

Beyond our help, I suppose you could try downloading the program from the Adobe site rather than the App Store. I can't guarantee that the App Store's activation key will work with a direct download but, if you're having problems with installation, I suppose it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased it 4 years ago. I purchased the program directly from my my apple app store to my macbook pro. It used to work perfectly, for the past 2 years its been doing this and I have been in contact with both apple and adobe to no avail so I finally decided to try this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased it 4 years ago. I purchased the program directly from my my apple app store to my macbook pro. It used to work perfectly, for the past 2 years its been doing this and I have been in contact with both apple and adobe to no avail so I finally decided to try this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a linkage issue. If somehow that program you're running was moved, it may not be able to find the necessary links. Did you try launching it from the Applications folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually was able to find how to fix the issue on a previous forum. This link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/editor-does-not-start-error-mac-app-store.ht ml dealt with my exact issue and now my version of Premiere Elements is currently working.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like essentially the solution the App Store people recommended when you first contacted them.

In any event, glad you're up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines