Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 14 / Choppy Video + Desynchronized Sound

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

im having a Problem, while editing Videos, where the Picture will get chopped up at irregular intervals and the audio will get desynced.
It´s not due to rendering and the choppy Video persists even when i turn it into video file.

I´ve tried to adjust the Pre-Settings according to the Videos im using and re-installing.

I´ve also tried to contact support but unfortunately they don´t support Elemtents 14 anymore.

Has anybody had the same Issue and knows how to fix it?

Thanks a lot for reading!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro CC​ to Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's resolution and format?

If this is not camcorder video, it could be related to a variable frame rate in the file.

Fixing Out of Sync video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this would work with 14 but I had the same type of issues with 18 and spent a couple of hours on the phone and chat before coming up with this fix that worked for me.

To fix the choppy sound and video: Edit - Preferences - Audio Hardware - Change Default Input to No Input. This took care of both. I still had video quality issues and was told that MTS files do not work well in Elements. To improve the video I had to export (Export and Share) to a folder as a mp4 then import back into Elements for editing. It is BS but I was told by customer care that Adobe knew the issue and was working on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dougn62153364  wrote

..... was told that MTS files do not work well in Elements. .....

that is simply untrue.  AVCHD or MTS files have been supported and work well since about version 10 or 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines