• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 14 not starting after Windows 10 Update! Search for urgent help

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 10 machine (64 Bit) I do use Premiere Elements for more than a year. However, after I installed most recent Windows 10 Update, it does not start any more.

It stops the starting process telling me that it is not starting and that it will inform me when a solution has been found.

So it is now worthless as it does not start.

I workd with 14,1... an also tried to delete and reinstall the origional 14,0 Version from Disc. Still the same error. No Chance to start the application again. What can I do. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

-or more on permissions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2293598

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

old program? I recently bought it at Amazon.com. Sorry, but nobody likes to buy a new Software every 6 months. Will never buy this again, or do you have another suggestion`?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klemenc I am sorry you are facing errors when opening Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10.  What error do you receive when opening the program?  Did you receive any error messages when reinstalling Premiere Elements 14 on your 64-bit Windows 10 operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will it work with your 15 Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe... I suggest you go to the version 15 link and read the system requirements

As far as I know, version 15 does work with Windows 10

Adobe Elements bundle | Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 & Adobe Premiere Elements 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just tried to install Adobe Premiere Elements 15. It crashes the same way as Version 14. So I obviously do have another Problem because I cannot imagine, that it does not work on any updated Win 10 machine.

I also tried to start 14 and 15 with Win 8 or Win 7 compatibility mode, with or without Admin-rights. Same Problem with Premiere Elements 14 and 15 - please advise. Otherwise I really Need to throw away this fully paid and most recent Adobe product as I Need to work with it until end of this week. Quite anoying, not getting any Support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

Klemenc the community in this forum may have suggestions on how to resolve errors when launching Premiere Elements 14 or 15 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi klemenc,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums.

I understand you are facing issue with crash of Adobe Premiere Elements 15.

Can we follow the following steps:

- Please check & follow this article.

You can also try the following steps

- Open CMD as "Administrator"

- Type this command  netsh winsock reset

- Hit Enter

- Restart your machine

- Open Elements & check

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the suggested solution by dhananjays36801738 doesn't work for you, try updating the video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines