Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 15 - Exporting Issues

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My issue is not with the exporting process itself but more so with the fact that upon exporting my video the file/clip says that my timeline / what I created is an 8 minute video when on my timeline the only media I have on it are 47 seconds worth.

Now I did originally input up to 8 mins of media on my timeline but quickly processed through it and slimmed down to the needed 47 seconds and then applied all my effects etc. I did not imagine that these 7+ minutes of media I deleted & closed the gap on would still somehow linger in the timeline invisibly.

So from my perspective even though my timeline is slimmed back to 47 seconds the original 8 minutes worth of media I had put on it to begin with seems to stick with it upon exporting. Once you play it after exporting it my video plays great for 47 seconds and then for about 7 minutes its just black.

My question is how to do I somehow trim 7+ minutes of invisible timeline off my video so that the needed 47 seconds are all my movie is upon exporting I?

Any trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated as time is of the need, thanks all for any input or help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you posted in the wrong forum, this is the Adobe Captivate forum. Do you want me to move your question to Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for that, could you please?

I really appreciate that, thank you!

- Sean Hipps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean,

Usually when that happens there is a tiny portion of the media that remains from an inaccurate cut.   

There are a couple ways to find it.  Press the "\" key and it will fit the entire video on your time line.  It should fill most of the screen.  If you 47 seconds is pushed to the left you have an orphan frame or clip. 

Another way is to press the "end" key.  It should go to the end. 

A workaround, if necessary, is to use the work area bars and check that work area only box in the export routine. 

If none of this makes sense, can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks so much!

You were exactly right, there was some clip edits that were done to the past media I deleted from the timeline yet those little edits done to the deleted media (lighting, effects, etc.) still stayed hidden.

But I found them and I went in trimmed all that nonsense out and now it is down to the necessary 47 seconds. (Hooray!)

Thanks so much for your time and answer, hope you have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.  I get "extra credit points" if you mark this correct!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines