Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 15 + GoPro Hero 6

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was hoping someone could offer a solution to an issue I am having with Adobe Premiere Elements 15 + GoPro Hero 6 videoing in 4K60fps.

I upload all the files to my computer but cannot drop them into Adobe Premiere Elements 15 without getting the error message that this type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed.

Any advice to proceed would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K60p is new for consumer video.   I have no trouble with 4K30p from Panasonic cameras.  I don't know why it wouldn't work.  Would you share a short clip on a file sharing site so I can try it with my machine?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your offer of help but I have come to the realization after a bit of research and talking to Adobe that cutting edge can also be bleeding edge.

The Go Pro Hero 6 I am using is recording at 4K60fps and using the H.265/HEVC (.MP4) video file format and although it looks amazing, it is also currently not supported by Adobe Premiere Elements 15.

They are supporting the Go Pro Hero 5 which records at 4K30fps and using the H.264/HEVC (.MP4) video file format.

They suggest I try converting the file to some other format like AVI using a free third party software named Handbrake.

Best Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came here with the same issue... regretting the upgrade from Hero 5 to Hero 6 now... I had 3-4 years of using Sony Vegas Pro and all was going well, my small amateur video editing world has crashed.

You would have thought GoPro would have made a bit of a bigger deal with this new 'bleeding edge' video format.

I downloaded the free Adobe Premiere Elements tonight and its treating the 4K 60fps flies as audio files... wont even recognise them as videos. Question sent to Adobe help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines