Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Elements 18 missing DV Camcorder in the Add media area

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to capture old 8mm tapes from a camcorder.  Premiere 12 had DV Camcorder as an available media source.  Does anybody know how to add this to the newer version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Elements 18 missing DV Camcorder in the Add media area

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to capture old 8mm tapes from a camcorder.  Premiere 12 had DV Camcorder as an available media source.  Does anybody know how to add this to the newer version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can capture video from miniDV  and Digital8 camcorders over a FireWire (IEEE-1394) connection using the free download WinDV. This video will be saved as DV-AVI footage, which you can then edit easily in Premiere Elements. (That's for Windows. You don't say what operating system you're using.)

If your video is analog or you do not have a FireWire connection on your computer, it's still possible using third-party software and hardware, but the process isn't quite as clean.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I would have thought that they would have kept what was already programmed. But I guess as technology changes so does the software .

Thanks again

Phil

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 0