Adobe premiere elements 2018 crashes, no error codes.

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a project at about 7 minutes, with music and various mp4 files, however when i move the timeline/play/pause video footage it crashes, no error codes or anything.
I have tried to render the material with no success

Karl

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you running? What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free space is left on your hard drive?

What camcorder or phone was your video shot on? Have you ensured that your project settings match the specs of your video? If your project settings match your video specs, you will NOT see a yellow orange render line above your clips when you first add them to your timeline. Is that he case with your video?

RenderLine.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

16.0 GB

610GB Free (SSD)

Videos shot on Nvidia´s experience recording system (1080 60fps) 

i do have the yellow/orange line that you are describing, i´ll look into it further, thanks!
Karl

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Nvidia´s experience recording system (1080 60fps) 

Does that produce Constant Frame Rate or Variable Frame Rate?

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view
- post your information IN your message, not as an attachment that someone would have to download

If VFR, use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to Constant Frame Rate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would agree, John. That video format is likely the wild card here.

Karl, open your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this full report and paste it to this forum.

We can let you know for sure then. But I think John is right. It's likely converting the video to more traditional specs will likely resolve your issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines