Ich habe heute Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 gekauft und mit Administratorrechten unter Windows 10 Home, Version 1709 installiert, d.h. das Installationsprogramm wurde ohne Fehlermeldung abgeschlossen. Es wurde auch der vorgeschlagene Pfad C:\Program Files\Adobe verwendet.
Beim Starten von Adobe Premiere Elements mit Administratorrechten bekomme ich nach ca. 5 Sekunden die folgende Fehlermeldung:
Mit der Fehlermeldung komme ich leider nicht weiter. "Debuggen" führt leider ins Leere und mehr Informationen sind dem Programm nicht zu entlocken -- zumindest nicht für einen Laien. Hat jemand vielleicht ein ähnliches Problem?
Die Fehlermeldung kommt an dieser Stelle nach dem Programmstart:
Habe dann doch einen Debugger installiert. Der meint:
Ausnahmefehler bei 0x00007FF8100FB70E (ucrtbase.dll) in PremiereElementsEditor.exe: Schwerwiegende Beendigung des Programms angefordert
Version ucrtbase.dll: 10.0.16299.15 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Kann jemand etwas damit anfangen?
I would very much like to help except that I am relying on a computer translation to english. It translates what you type but not the error message. I googled for "ucrtbase.dll" and found a suggestion that it might be blocked from installing by a virus program. Could you try to uninstall Premiere Elements, disable your computer security system and re-install Premiere Elements. It might work, I don't know.
Sorry for the late answer and the original post in german. It is the first software I bought from Adobe and it was quite late (>23:00 local time) when I installed it. When I started it for the first time I got the error message shown in the first post. It basically says "Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 doesn't work any more" and the subtext tells that there is a problem - but it does not tell which kind of problem. In the second post I just show the screenshot at the time the error message appears. The next day I had installed Visual Studio 2015 which comes with a debugger. Using this I got the information that ucrtbase.dll caused the problem. I startet searching the Internet for this DLL and found posts of two other Adobe users that had similar problems - but no solution.
I also learned that I could have gained the same information from the Windows event monitor. Here it is:
PremiereElementsEditor.exe Version 22.214.171.124, Timestamp 59aad286
module that caused the error: ucrtbase.dll, Version 10.0.16299.15 , Timestamp 70f70cc4
error offset: 0x6b70e
process ID 0x2340
path of faulty program C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2018\PremiereElementsEditor.exe
path of faulty module C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Now to your proposal that the dll might be blocked by a virus detection program. As I am using my private computer mostly for gaming and have not that much internet usage in my free time, I only use Windows Defender that comes with Win10 on this machine. I have it now for 1,5 years and never had a problem. The execution of the dll is not blocked, at least thats what the debugger trie to tell me. But it seems that the DLL got some upgrade in 10/2017 due to some Windows Update. Unfortunately I can not undo this update, as I got the Win10 Creators Update (=Version 1709) after that. The timeslot for reinstalling the old Win10 version is expired (only one week after installation of new version), as there were no problems with my games. So I am stuck to Creators Update.
My computer has no exotic hard- or software. As far as I know its virus-free by now. Why should I be the only person with this problem?
Just found the following in the vastness of the internet: exception code 0xc0000409 seems to be related to stack buffer overflow.
I enjoyed the post in German. For a couple years I had a contract to represent a German small aircraft company in the USA. My German friends tried to teach me a little German and I failed miserably!
At this point I'm probably doing the same as you. I am google searching for "0xc0000409" and "ucrtbase.dll".
My earlier suggestion that an antivirus program was blocking the .dll was based on an article that said some antivirus programs would block it from installing. The suggestion was not that it would block it from running. One suggestion was that re-installing the application after temporarily stopping the anti-virus would "fix" the dll.
Among the places with interesting reading, this is one: ucrtbase.dll file - How to fix ucrtbase.dll errors
Can you find the ucrtbase.dll file on your computer? It is on my computer at C:\windows\system32. Are there multiple versions of ucrtbase.dll? Could the installation of Visual Studio have caused a replacement of ucrtbase.dll? I would be happy to put a copy of mine on DropBox if you think it could help.
Good luck with this. Windows system errors are extraordinarily frustrating.
Today I called the Adobe Hotline. A friendly guy gave me the tip to deinstall Premiere Elements, restart the computer,
then clean the remnants with Adobe Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html . The important part is to set up a new user with admin rights. Premiere Elements has to be installed to this account.
Starting Premiere Elements I got the same Windows error message at the same position as shown in the first post. For safety I looked again in the event manager and found to my surprise that the error now came from another DLL:
KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.16299.15.
At the same time a window popped up for half a second. After several reproductions of the failed program start I found out it came from windows defender. The monitored folder access that came with Win10 creators update had blocked the access to C:\Users\adobetest\AppData\Local\Adobe. One has to deactivate this (new) feature in windows security center and the program starts as expected! So I could finally start working on the christmas present for my relatives.
Thanks for the support.