• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased & downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018  & Adobe Premiere Elements 2018.

When the  I attempt I klik on Video Editor, Open or New Project the initial  Adobe Premiere Elements 2018  splash screen pops up and starts to load the program.

The issue is that I get another window popping up stating that "Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 has stopped working".

I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall a couple times but continue to get the same problem.

On the Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 loading screen, it always stops at "Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm" (prm?)

It doesn't matter which way I attempt to access the program I get the same "stopped working" pop-up box.

I have no issues with the Adobe Photoshop Elements running successfully.

I'm at my wits end as it doesnt matter what I do to reload/reinstall, no change and it always stops at the above noted point.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I did some searching on the forums and I think I have a fix around.....

I right kliked the Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 icon and then "Run as Administrator".

The program loaded up fine...no issues....Now when I klik on the icon to start the program, I no longer have to "Run as Administrator".

I find this odd because I am an "Administrator" on my profile....not sure why I would have to do it now.

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. As a standard user I cannot launch Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 but when I run as admin it works fine. Unlike you, I am unable to run even after I first launch as admin.

It seems that this is a major problem with Premier 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi same problem but no admin on my laptop has anyone worked out how to get it to run? I'm now trying to reinstall after a full laptop update and anti-virus turnt off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teddy, we've responded to your posts in your other thread. Please don't start a new conversation in a separate thread. It makes it very difficult for us to follow your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve.... I was asking sold an outcome / solution was reached. Geez, calm down and of my issue was resolved o wouldn't of asked of these people's were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing has happened to me, I have tried reinstalling it several times and it still won't work. I have also tried restarting my computer, that didn't work either, I'm not on a laptop. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines