Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 Video will not import correctly

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I've recently installed Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 on my computer with the following Spec:

• Intel Core i5 3GHz i5-4430 CPU
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 64 bit Windows 10 Home

The software is running correctly, however when I import an MP4 format file to it by using the Add media tab, the video will load into the timeline, but with completely wrong colouring and no sound.

I've had a look through the forum and various youtube clips to try and find the solution, and none of the solutions have worked for me. Most of them seem to be concerned with another version of the software.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"MP4" is a container for "codecs".  Premiere Elements is equipped to handle many of the codecs, the most common being "H.264".

With the limited information you posted, my first guess will be that the video came from something other than a common camera that uses a different codec.   What is the source of the video?

There is a free program called MediaInfo.  It will look at the file and display the details in its "tree" view.  Can you post a screen shot of the tree view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the clip through HandBrake and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm all this, open your MP4 in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and post it to this forum. Once we see the detailed specs of the video, we'll better be able to diagnose what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jackm,

I understand you are getting incorrect preview and audio after import in Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 which is not ideal. Thanks for providing the details of your computer. I have a few questions here:

• Have you tested the file on a new project?
  • Where have you saved the media file?
  • Did you try the suggestion provided by @Ann Bens?

We'd need more information as asked by @whsprague and @Steve Grisetti before starting troubleshooting.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines