• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe premiere elements 2019 not opening

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased the adobe premiere elements 2019 and while it is completely installed I try to run and I get this message

"We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver"

I have gone to my settings and I checked all drivers one by one for updates and I receive the message that all of them have the latest update and there is no other update available. Please help me on this because it is really frustrating.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, but not always, this error comes on a computer with an Nvidia graphics card.  Nvidia provides a driver update service.  Do you have Nvidia graphics?  If so, would you try the Nvidia update service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this same issue on my new Lenovo 8185. My Adobe Premier Elements is the 2018 version.

Adobe Elements (for still photos) opens fine but Premier Elements 2018 does not.

The first few times I tried to run it, the initial window opened to an "ad" trying to sell me PE 2019... I could not move past that, however, as there were no buttons to click other than "buy it"...

So I ended up having to kill the Adobe Elements process in the task manager.

Since then, whenever I try to start Premier Elements 2018, it gets only as far as this opening window... but stops there:Startup_Msg.jpg

Also when I check the task manager, I'll see the process running there:

Tsk_Mgr.jpg

Eventually, the following error warning that the graphic display driver is out of date will show up:

Error_Msg.jpg

So I checked my driver (an "Intel HD Graphics" driver). It indeed did initially show that there was an updated driver available, so I installed that new driver. (That did no good, however, as the same error window pops up even with the updated Graphics driver installed.

Here is how the Graphics driver info looks now:

Graph_Drv.jpg

So now when I try to start the program, I will get that same "out of date graphics driver message". Oddly enough, by the time it appears, the Adobe Premier Elements process will close in the Task manager... It just goes away. It's always after this happens that the graphics driver warning window will pop up.

Eventually the entire startup window for Adobe Premier Elements 2018 just drops off of my screen.

One last piece of info is my Sys info that tells the exact version of Win 10 I am running and the computer make/model:

Sys_Info.jpg

So what's going on here? It appears I am not the only one unable to Startup Adobe Premier Elements 2018 (although Adobe Elements 2018 seems to work fine.)

Please someone... please help us!

Eagerly awaiting your replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone working on this issue? I think I can safely say we are a group of very frustrated users when Adobe Premier Elements (2018 and 2019) won't open.

What can we try in resolving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, remember that this is a user to user forum. You're not talking to engineers. And unless we have experienced or can duplicate this issue, we can't help you find a solution.

Second, be aware that what you're seeing is extremely rare and is likely due to some configuration on your computer. That's why you're not getting responses. (Bill's suggestion is an indicator that in our experience the problem has been often the result of a defective graphics driver.)

Third, if you are using the current version of the program (version 2019) you can contact Adobe Customer Care via chat and they will do everything they can to help you work through your problem.

If you do this, however, please report back so that, in the future, your solution might help people dealing with a similar issue.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your post and clarification of the forum.

Since the original thread owner (Dimitri) is on Premier Elements 2019, he (if I am understanding you correctly) should qualify for customer support from Adobe. ... So I dropped him a note and asked if he has done contacted them yet... and if not, if he would do it.

In order to get "support" from Adobe Cust Svc, I hesitate to upgrade from my 2018 version to the 2019 version since it already appears (from Dimitri's post) that the newer version would not work either. It makes little sense for me to shell out cash for a piece of software I highly suspect won't run on my machine (so far).

My Lenovo laptop is only two weeks old, so I'm quite sure I can contact them and demonstrate that what ever video driver they are using is not compatible with Adobe Premier Elements 2018-2019. It's pretty popular software, so they might look into it. So tomorrow, I will file a help ticket with them and hope for the best.

These driver things are kind of a "the chicken and the egg" type of thing... That is, it's an interesting question on who is ultimately responsible to make sure the drivers for physical devices and software designed to run on them are compatible with each other...

So as soon as I hear anything back from Lenovo, I'll update my own post.

Just a side note on that topic, I did make sure I am on the "current best driver" at the OS level (to no avail), so I went to the Levono site and downloaded their own driver... also to no avail.

Anyway, thanks again for your comment,

RJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update (for what it is worth), I did indeed file a help ticket with Levono computers, telling them of the "faulty or out-of-date" driver error on their video card. As I expected, the service rep gave me the "It's not our problem" message (disguised in "Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility with any third-party software. Please contact the respective software manufacturer.")

The hardware people always say it's a software issue and the software people only say it's a hardware problem.

So I guess now I will need to bite the bullet and go ahead and upgrade from Photoshop Elements 2018 to the 2019 edition, just to get the tech support. (Sigh!)

I'll update this thread once I get it downloaded and installed... Just to let everyone know the outcome.

Cheers!

RJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too must be unlucky with this "extremely rare problem" as my Premier Elements 2019 is not opening. It worked for 2 weeks, now it will not open. It goes to some kind of tutorial page that can launch Photoshop Elements 2019, Organiser but not Premier Elements 2019. Did anybody come up with an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

robe94931376

You have tagged on to a 6 months old topic and brought it back to life!   You are right to suggest that display adapter problems are not rare here.  That's because this forum is typically the first stop for problems.   So if ten out of a thousand customers have a problem with display adapters then there will be 10 topics here and it will be serious for all 10. 

The answer for those 10 (for the years I've followed this forum) is almost always display adapter problems.  And that is a murky world for those that don't like playing "under the hood" of their computers. 

One bit of good news is that Adobe makes available an online Customer Support chat system where techs can go as far as taking remote charge of your computer and solving installation problems. 

Would you like help figuring out display adapters or help contacting Customer Support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues and have updated all drivers. Thing is, my Premier Elements 13, 18 and 19 all worked until the last week or two. Now 13 is VERY sluggish to boot up and 19 (upgrade from 18) won't boot up at all. I'm on Win 7 Pro  and I wonder if it is a windows issue since all that has changed recently is Windows update. I will try a restore point way back and see what happens.

Note: Photoshop will open in all cases albeit very slowly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes an older driver works better than a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed an reloaded the drivers with older versions... no good either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

As you may have seen from my previous comments to this thread, I was getting this exact same "We have detected an incompatible display driver" error when I would try to run Photoshop Premier Elements 2018 after I installed it.

The good news is that after downloading/installing a trial version of the 2019 edition, it now runs properly!

I might try downloading/installing the 2018 version again, to see if the changes I made to my computer will also allow 2018 to function properly too. I am curious as to why the 2019 edition functions properly when the 2018 version did not. In other words, if some of the "things I tried" lead to a successful install/running of 2019, I want to share that with those of you getting this error with the 2019 edition.

So let me say up front that I cannot offer a "step-by-step" guide to eliminating this issue for either the 2018 or 2019 versions. The reason is that I tried SO many things that I can't be sure which things I tried (if any) resulted in my eventual success. What I can do, however, is to list (more or less) the things I tried... with the end results being I now have a working version.

So here we go... Here are some "best practices" to try if you are getting this error when running versions 2018 or 2019.

1. Make sure you have the latest display driver installed. Note this involves MORE than just checking for the latest version through your operating system device manager. Many computer manufacturers issue their own drivers, so take the time to go to the support website of whichever brand of computer you have. They might have a special updated driver that will not be found by simply updating the driver through the computers "device manager".

2. When you download/install Premier Elements, look for error messages during the install process. Do this before you ever try to actually run the program. I mention this because I noticed that during the install process of times when the program would not run, I did indeed see a warning message at the end of the install process saying "Some components of the program did not install properly". It might be coincidental that this error showed up on all my failed attempts to run the program. ... But I think these two things might be related.

So what is a plausible reason I might have received that install warning? ... Go to the next step (3) and see my theory.

3. Adobe does warn the user (and I'm paraphrasing here) to "temporarily disable any virus protection or firewalls during the download and install phases". While the reason given was doing so would speed up the install, I suspect (but cannot be sure) that doing as suggested might also help assure a "clean" download/install takes place.

To me it is logical that "a dirty download" equals "a dirty install"... and that in turn can lead to a program not functioning properly.

All I can say about this (all I know) is that on the one time when I did indeed temporarily turn off my virus protection and firewall during download/install, I had success in ultimately running Premier Elements 2019. I got no installation warnings after downloading/installing with the virus protection and firewall turned off. Was there any cause/effect relationship going on here? It is anyone's guess... but ignore this step at your own peril.

4. OK... This next one is going to be WAY out in left field... but I will mention it anyway.

When I downloaded/installed PE 2019 and it successfully worked, I did a silly thing by accident. Thinking the installer was only asking for a location to download the temporary installation files (rather than where it would install the program itself), I selected my external hard drive as a location...

As it turned out, the program was actually INSTALLED to that external location. It ran fine when I started it up... But I didn't want to be forced to always have that hard drive with me whenever I ran PE2019, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it at the "default" location.

By then I was getting tired and lazy, so didn't do a very thorough job at uninstalling PE. I simply used the Windows app menu to uninstall it, did a "restart" on my computer, then ran the installer (.exe) file again, this time telling Adobe to install the program to the default location (on the C drive).

To be clear, I started all over by downloading the installer .exe program again from the Adobe webiste (yes... with the virus protection and firewall temporarily disabled). Oddly enough, the download went MUCH faster this time than the first time.

The bottom line is that PE2019 now runs boots and runs without problems!

Again, I can't say with certainty which things on the above list fixed the issue or if the above techniques did any good at all... and perhaps I just "got lucky". I simply do not know.

===================================

One last thing:

I still am wondering what the issue was to begin with when I was getting that "driver version" error originally with PE2018 ... So I am going to try one more time (following all the "suggestions" on my list above) to see if I can get the 2018 version running. I will update this thread once I give it another try.

So please, if any of my ideas (above) fixed your identical issue (driver warning errors when trying to run PE2018 or PE2019), please reply to this thread... Your kindness might help others in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

Thanks for the very detailed discussion, coolblue.

I can't tell you why it didn't work right out of the box. 99.9% of the time it does. But I'm sorry you were in the .1% that had to struggle with it.

Operating systems and computer programs are very very complicated things. When they work, the work and when they don't, they don't.

Sorry but even after nearly 15 years of working with this software (and having very few problems) that's as technical as I can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got mine to work but I went the bamboo under the fingernails route..... I formatted the drive and reloaded the win7 OS and system drivers including the driver for my nvidia card that was apparently rejected by PSE19 before. Then I loaded the PSE19 suite. Well it launched just fine and runs very fast. Then I started adding other programs, one at a time  and opening PSE19 after each program was loaded to make sure it still launched. Then I loaded MS Security and all its updated and ran a system scan. PSE19 launched again...... 🙂 lastly, I started loading windows service pack and updates a few at a time and checked that PSE19 still worked after each group installed. The bottom line is I have reinstalled everything I had on my system yesterday when none of my adobe PS software would run and after trying just about everything mentioned above including letting Adobe support techs have their way with my PC (they told me it was my vidcard driver conflicting, but could not explain why the same card and driver worked with the PSE program before,) .Something happened recently and to a great many of us as we can see. At any rate,  I now have a very stable system and all is well. I do not know what it was but it was NOT a conflicted video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hangerbum,

Sorry for the intense pain "under the fingernails".  Thanks for reporting back that you got things running.   I truly wish there was a suitable way to troubleshoot the complicated issues when they come up. 

(I spent a lot of time being a bum in airplane hangers!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I ended up getting BOTH PE2018 and PE2019 running on my computer after I kept hitting that "freeze" when the "loading application" startup window was running. (When the freezing first began, I did NOT have PE2019 installed yet.)

Because I tried so many "solutions" (most of which I documented in my earlier thread entries), I won't list all of what I tried here. I'll try to just touch on the things that MIGHT have solved the issue. So let's see if I can make a short list for you.

1. The freezing on "initializing application" phase of the startup began right after I installed PE2018. Despite HOURS of "trying every idea I could fine", that freeze continued.
2. Among other things I tried was to update the Display Adapter driver, first by using the Windows Device Manager, then by downloading the most current driver that Levono (my laptop manufacturer) provided. No driver update seemed to do the least bit of good.
3. Uninstalled PE2018 (but not Photoshop Elements) from my laptop.
4. Downloaded and installed the Trial Version (good for 30 days) from Adobe PE2019. ... It installed and ran just fine.

At this point, I thought I would give one more go at trying to get PE2018 working because I already owned that program and didn't feel like shelling out another (almost) $70 to license PE2019. ... So let's continue:

5. I installed PE2018 again without uninstalling the trial version of PE2019.

6. I then tried starting up PE2018 again. I was delighted when the startup window got past the "loading application" phase... but then the startup procedure abruptly froze when it hit the "Loading PlayerMediaCore.prm" phase.

7. Curious, I decided to see if any of this monkeying around affected startup of (the then running ok) PE2019. While it did still open, I got a Windows warning that my laptop was using the Generic Windows 10 video driver. The PE2019 program DID continue to open, however.

8. My curiosity still aroused about hitting the "Loading PlayerMediaCore.prm" wall when starting up PE2018, I decided to open a forum thread called this: Premiere 2018 freezes while "Loading PlayerMediaCore.prm"

The link to that thread is Premiere 2018 freezes while "Loading PlayerMediaCore.prm"

9. A really nice guy there reported he had hit that exact issue the day before. (He actually had the same "Intel HD Graphics" display adapter that is on my Lenovo. He said (after many frustrating hours) the solution for him was to go into the Device manager and roll back the display adapter to the previous version.

10. I was skeptical this would work because in earlier attempts on my own system, there WERE no previous driver versions to roll back to... But I gave the device manager another look and this time I was indeed presented with the option to roll back the driver.

11. OK... Here comes the happy ending... After I rolled back that driver, BOTH the "loading application" freeze and the "Loading PlayerMediaCore.prm" freezing on PE2018 ceased to exist... PE2018 opened flawlessly!

Likewise, PE2019 opened fine with no driver warnings."loading application"

I'm happy to get PE2018 up and running because I really didn't feel like shelling out another $70 for PE2019 (which as far as I can see has no really useful additional advanced features... but rather just more beginner "bells and whistles".)

So as glad as I am to have finally had success, I'm sorry I cannot offer a "foolproof" solution to those hitting that "loading application" freeze in either PE2018 or PE2019, as my success might be specific only to computers running the "Intel HD Graphics" display adapter.

Having said that, it DOES appear the issues were indeed faulty display adapter driver related. That's not to say that the drivers are the only cause of this issue however.

Good luck to you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines