• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 bug on full screen!!!!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on 2 screens and when I move Adobe Premiere 2020 Elements on the second screen and I click on 'Full screen' to enlarge the window, it does not go on full screen and as per picture desktop is still visible!!!!

I have tried to increase manually the window insthead of the 'full screen' button but when I reach the desktop area that is not covered during full scree, the window goes automatically on the first monitor instead of covering the area.

Can you please tell me how to fix this?

It looks like a really bad bug, I am quite surprised that this is happening on an Adobe software..

Immagine.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really is no fix for this that I know of. Premiere Elements will fill the screen on your primary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to the OP. Very strange behaviours, especially when using extended twin monitor set with a laptop. It means I have two great eye level monitors, but have to do all my video editing hunched over my laptop screen. The only application I have that has this issue. All other applications respect the Windows multi monitor support (win+arrow, maximise etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well older versions didn't do this! I must say I'm questioning why I had to down grade. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem on my laptop with Windows 11. 

First program I have ever used that will only go full screen on the laptop screen and not the attached monitor.

Very poor introduction to the first and possibly last purchased Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems ridiculous to me. I just downloaded the free trial and the first time I tried to use it, I ran into this issue. For me, when I drag the window onto my external monitor and click to make it full screen, the window completely disappears & I can't get it back unless I shut the program down & try again. It seems ridiculous that I would be forced to work on my tiny laptop screen when I have a second, much larger monitor to work with.  Is this really a limitation of the program? I definitely won't be paying for the product if this is how it's supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines