• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 Freezing

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have a project that I've been working on (only 3 minutes of content) and suddenly the program would freeze and crash everytime I opened the project. About a month ago I updated my Macbook Pro to the Big Sur operating system, which I today learned is not compatible with Elements 2020. My question is, why has the program and 3 different projects stopped working today, when they've been working just fine for weeks after updating my operating system? Please help. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not normal.  Without more detail, the best guesses will be the source of your video, your computer set up, project settings, audio settings and more.  Can you provide more detail to help reduce guessing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project includes .mp4 and .mp3 files all located in a folder on my desktop. The Premiere Elments project was created and sources content from that folder. I have about 2 edited tracks of audio and video in the project editing field. I was editing and adding content with no problem before today. When I opened up Adobe Elements today, I clicked on "Open Recent Project." There I clicked on my project title. It loaded the project and all of the content appeared. As soon as I try to click anywhere on the program to begin editing, it quits out of the program. The whole program would quit and it shows me a crash report. I'm not sure what to do. If I open another project, the program doesn't quit. The other projects in the program work okay to my knowledge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the desktop to store files on. Use a dedicated video folder.

Convert the mp3 to wave and use that in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try using Auto Saved projects. Also what are the steps (performed while editing the clip) performed after which it started crashing. Also please do share the Archived project if possible. If not, share the project file(.prel) only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Elements 2020 was released a year before Big Sur. However the app works fine on the new OS.

Your projects should also work after updating the OS.

If possible, can you Archieve the project and share it.

Which model/year of Macbook do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines