I'm running Windows 10 (latest), i9 Processor with NVidia 1070 graphics card, latest driver.
How can I changed the greyed out areas?
Copy link to clipboard
You can not change Premiere Elements' project settings mid-project.
Your project settings are usually set up automatically when you first add media to your timeline. You can also manually set up your project settings when you first start a project. But you can't change your project settings mid-way through.
Part 2 of my free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2020 may help answer some of your questions in this regard.
That's a pity, it would not be impossible for Adobe to handle this (feature request please). Regardless they should make this scenario clearer on the UI, just greying out leaves people guessing.
This video gives the best fix for this problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eyx0tkzkuc
Here's the gist of it:
1) Save your project before doing anything.
2) Click a blank area of your timeline. Select everything in your timeline by pressing Ctrl + A on your keyboard (Mac users should know their keyboard shortcuts).
3) Cut everything off the timeline by pressing Ctrl + X. Your timeline should be completely clear now.
4) Add a video clip to the timeline from your bin that has the frame size and other settings that you want.
5) Click the clip that you just added and delete it from the timeline.
6) Press Ctrl + V to paste all the clips that you cut from the timeline in step 3.
The main issue is making sure the first piece of media you add to a project has the settings that you want the entire project to have. I started a project by adding an image and that was a mistake, but this fix worked in correcting it.
In the end I moved to DaVinci Resolve which is so much better and free.
Thank you Timothy
Great tip and way to get around this.
I was scratching my head on this one.
Many thanks mate,
It worked!! I was about to give up and start all over again! Thank you!