Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 Project Settings Greyed out

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm running Windows 10 (latest), i9 Processor with NVidia 1070 graphics card, latest driver.

How can I changed the greyed out areas?

Thanks...

Capture.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

You can not change Premiere Elements' project settings mid-project.

Your project settings are usually set up automatically when you first add media to your timeline. You can also manually set up your project settings when you first start a project. But you can't change your project settings mid-way through.

Part 2 of my free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2020 may help answer some of your questions in this regard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG18DktkToI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 Project Settings Greyed out

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm running Windows 10 (latest), i9 Processor with NVidia 1070 graphics card, latest driver.

How can I changed the greyed out areas?

Thanks...

Capture.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

Your project settings are usually set up automatically when you first add media to your timeline. You can also manually set up your project settings when you first start a project. But you can't change your project settings mid-way through.

Part 2 of my free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2020 may help answer some of your questions in this regard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a new project in Premiere Elements. For more information, see "The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 2020" available on Amazon.com or vis...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 1
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pity, it would not be impossible for Adobe to handle this (feature request please). Regardless they should make this scenario clearer on the UI, just greying out leaves people guessing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video gives the best fix for this problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eyx0tkzkuc

Here's the gist of it:

1) Save your project before doing anything.

2) Click a blank area of your timeline. Select everything in your timeline by pressing Ctrl + A on your keyboard (Mac users should know their keyboard shortcuts).

3) Cut everything off the timeline by pressing Ctrl + X. Your timeline should be completely clear now.

4) Add a video clip to the timeline from your bin that has the frame size and other settings that you want.

5) Click the clip that you just added and delete it from the timeline.

6) Press Ctrl + V to paste all the clips that you cut from the timeline in step 3.

The main issue is making sure the first piece of media you add to a project has the settings that you want the entire project to have. I started a project by adding an image and that was a mistake, but this fix worked in correcting it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Participant ,
an hour ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

In the end I moved to DaVinci Resolve which is so much better and free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
an hour ago 0