Highlighted

Adobe Premiere Elements Copied Text Blocks Linking

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have premiere elements 2020 and when I add a text (example Typography07 ), I disable background, add text, and BOOM. Looks great! However, I have to add lots of text so I copy and paste this in my timeline, but the two are LINKED??? Why? Is there a way I can copy and paste these and just change the text on one without it affecting the other? 

What is happening:
Insert typography07, edit background, edit text. 

Done.

Copy typography07, edit text, now original text block has also been changed. 

To confirm, I changed the name of the text block to "typography111" then the other "copied" one also has its name changed to "typography111". 
It would be really annoying if I have to manually add and edit all the settings for each text block instead of being able to copy one that I've done and just change the text. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

Copying a title produces a clone. Change one title and you change another.

As I show you in my books, to create an independent duplicate right-click on the title in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate. This duplicates the title's style and graphics but does not link the two titles together.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Premiere Elements Copied Text Blocks Linking

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have premiere elements 2020 and when I add a text (example Typography07 ), I disable background, add text, and BOOM. Looks great! However, I have to add lots of text so I copy and paste this in my timeline, but the two are LINKED??? Why? Is there a way I can copy and paste these and just change the text on one without it affecting the other? 

What is happening:
Insert typography07, edit background, edit text. 

Done.

Copy typography07, edit text, now original text block has also been changed. 

To confirm, I changed the name of the text block to "typography111" then the other "copied" one also has its name changed to "typography111". 
It would be really annoying if I have to manually add and edit all the settings for each text block instead of being able to copy one that I've done and just change the text. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

As I show you in my books, to create an independent duplicate right-click on the title in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate. This duplicates the title's style and graphics but does not link the two titles together.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2019 4
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LEGEND

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Using the latest version of Premiere, I went into the Bin: Titles, right clicked, selected Duplicate, changed the name then dragged into my new scene. I changed the title, and it changed the slide I duplicated from as well.  Deleted and tried again, same thing. Is there a glitch in the system? I did exactly what you said, it made a copy, but it's still linked to the source I duplicated it from. Adobe Premiere is so complex, it really doesn't seem to be all that user friendly from my experience learning it over the last month. ugh. sigh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Steve, it worked for me. This was a major hangup for me (probably everyone else as well) crazy on Adobe's behalf as this is very basic requirements copy and paste text with formatting. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh forgot to mention I purchased your book as well for PE 2020 but missed this bit. I will have to search it out... 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0