Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements preview displaying green lines

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Running Premeiere Elements 2020 on a Dell PC, Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620

The preview screen displays horizontal green lines over the video - even with a simple still text image it does the same

I've updated the video driver to the latest version from Dell but now I'm stuck to know how I can continue using the application

Ideas welcome!

RichardnBrandon_0-1594633320408.png

UPDATE: I have a workaround sorted for this by using an old Dell driver. Hoping they update the new one in a way that works.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing the drivers from Intel?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did download the latest one -  but I've worked around what was indeed a driver issue by downloading an older driver from Dell

Not a great permanent solution but good enough to keep working for now

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue now on a new Dell xps 15. If I go to Device Managewr and select Intel UHD Graphics, Driver tab 'Roll back Driver' is greyed out. How do I update this? Or should I change to the NVIDIA option? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your suggestion.  I had a user with the same issue and did exactly what you recomended.  Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to work on video project and all of a sudden my project playback looks just like the pic you have. I didn't have a problem before, but I think my dell with windows 10 had an update. Can you explain your work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Just started yesterday 8/18/20. I would also appreciate more detail on your work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also appreciate any more detail on your workaround. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to say it any other way. This is an outdated video driver issue.

You need to go to the AMD, nVidia or Intel site (whoever makes our graphics card) and install the latest drivers from their site. There is no workaround. You just have to update your drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I have gone to the nVidea site and installed the
latest driver. An earlier response to your post was from a gentleman who
said he found a workaround by downloading an earlier Dell driver. Since
nothing else is working for me, I thought maybe he could give a little more
detail on the driver he downloaded.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for supplying answers to this issue that a lot of us are dealing with. I have a HP with the Intel HD Graphics 620 version 27.20.100.8337. When I go to update the graphics card do I need to uninstall what I currently have then re-install the latest graphics or does it do it automatically? I'm not too technical as it relates to computers and this issue with the green lines in the preview box is driving me crazy. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just hit the install button on the one I wanted to install (without
uninstalling the one that was currently using).

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come into this a bit late as I hadn't used Premiere for a while. Are you still having the problem? I've just had the same issue with an hp laptop which had 27.20.100.8336 installed. Checked Windows, hp and Intel updates, all said I had the most up to date driver. Tried disabling it which cured the problem but obviously left many other issues associated with using the generic Microsoft driver.

So tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting. Windows then automatically loaded the Intel driver 27.20.100.8681 which seemed to cure the problem. Have not encountered any other issues with it. Presumably not found by hp updates as they haven't checked it for compatibility yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon.

Windows Update has reinstalled the earlier (presumably OEM).

However, at least this time, it gives me the option to roll back to the later driver I installed.

Can see me having to do this repeatedly!

But at least it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was experiencing this issue on a brand new Dell computer.  The issue is with the display driver.  To fix it, open up your device manager, toggle open the display adapters and right click on Intel(R) UHD Graphics. Click properties and toggle to the Driver tab.  Click the "roll back driver" button.  This fixed the problem for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion! Earlier today, I updated my Intel UHD driver
with the latest suggested by Dell. Now my "roll back driver" button is
grayed out. Could you tell me the driver id you are using?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Driver Version 26.20.100.7870, Date 2/5/2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!  After working all day on this, you solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines