• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements - White Screen on Startup

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally couldn't find anyone else with this problem, so I'll post this here.

I purchased Premiere Elements for a school project a month or two ago.  It was working fine up until recently when the launcher just stopped working.  By this, I mean that when I click on the program icon in my start menu, normally I get a screen where I'm prompted to choose between Premiere Elements, Organizer, etc. along with some Adobe news and whatnot.  Instead what I get is a completely blank screen. 

This has happened twice and restarting my computer didn't solve it.  I managed to remedy this the first time by completely reinstalling the program, however now I restarted my PC since then, it's regressed back into this blank screen nonsense.

Are there any documented occurrences of this besides me, and if so, is there any way to fix this?  Closing in on the end of my project, I'd like to keep time-wasting reinstalls to a minimum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version?  Computer system?

Without more information, I would suggest you try to launch Premiere Elements directly from its own .exe file and bypass organizer. 

Look for PremiereElementsEditor.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly from .exe doesn't work.  It gives me this standard error of:

"Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager"

Which is BS because I paid 100 bucks for this program, I'm not on a trial.  I even tried installing that nonsense and all it does is install, ask for a login, ask for a serial number, and then loops back to the login once I input the serial number.

I'm on Windows 10, and the version is whatever is most current at the time of this post, because if I wanna use this crap I have to clean wipe Elements from my PC and reinstall it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's sad that efforts to help only make you angry.  

As a paid customer you have access to Adobe's customer help through a chat system.  They can go so far as to run your system remotely and figure out whatever crap is screwing up your system.  Use the links on the opening page to contact customer support.  You can also google for "Adobe Customer Support".

Premiere Elements runs constantly on thousands of computers.  Your first post said it ran on your computer for a month or two.  The code didn't change.  The problem is more likely to be in your computer setup or a change in your setup somewhere.

I sincerely wish you good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines