• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements XP

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased this new and want to install it on my updated Windows 10 64 bit is this possible?

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following Premiere Elements since version 9 about 10 years ago.  I've not heard of an "XP" version.  How old is it?   Do you have the installation files and a serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find any information on Premiere Elements XP either. Though I do vaguely remember that there was a limited version of the program that came bundled with some computers 10-15 years ago. Is that what you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a copy of the discs I haveadobe1.jpgadobe2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an XP version in 2004.  It might install, but it won't run properly or at all on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also quite possible you've gotten your hands on a rare copy of version 1.0!

I would like to hear what happens when you install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I purchased this new and want to install it on my updated Windows 10 64 bit is this possible?"

Windows 10 has the best backwards compatibility mode out of all Windows versions; where Windows 7 (Professional) still relied on "Windows XP mode" which was basically a virtual XP environment running within Windows 7 (though use of Microsoft's virtual PC software) Windows 10 has done away with all that and relies on its own kernel.

So yes, this should be doable, but of course there are no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines