• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Adobe Elements 2019 as a present and have never been able to use the Premiere editor to do anything.

When I load or import a video and then try to edit it the video it displays with extremely "jittery"  with audio and video to the point I can do nothing with it. Oddly if I save or export the jittery file from Premiere it runs fine in a player, so I assume it is some settings or hardware issues. Can anyone give me some insights of how to resolve this problem  I have other video editors such as Cyber link and they work fine with the same file.   Here a screen capture of this so it would be more obvious to experienced users https://1drv.ms/v/s!Am1yNsBnqD5clMM9lniIpH-FqGU4zw   Thanks

Message was edited by: d goto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

dgoto90  wrote

...  So is there any basic hardware or software settings that would cause this audio jitter which I see with any video imported into this software.  

Thanks for your time

Premiere Elements is not marketed as a universal video editor.  Instead, it aims at home users that shoot video on common cameras with common formats.   Generally, for that, it works very well.   Anytime the source files come from anything else, their may be challenges. 

That said, there are three things that show

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a friend remote my machine  and he thinks it is a player issued played with various setting but so far no luck. I am considering doing a reinstall hoping this might resolve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meantime it would be helpful to know your operating system, which processor your computer has and how much RAM as well as the model of camcorder your video is coming from.

Video from iPhones, for instance, uses a codec that does not process well on a Windows computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY Computer is self built Windows 10 latest version, I7 3.5ghz CPU   32 gig of ram   ssd drive with os mounted the video came from  iphone 6 plus,  works fine on other video editing software and to view in a video player   I do lots of editing with other software like Cyberlink but wanted to use Adobe so far very disappointed.   thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

If it is variable frame rate, you will need to convert to constant frame rate before importing into Premiere Elements.

Here is a link to a Handbrake tutorial:

Fixing  video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions, I am pretty sure my friend already checked for those issues while remoteing my PC, but I will test myself. 

Also this problem isn't limited to just this one video,  but it happens with ALL videos I load / import,  even full movies, music videos etc

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dgoto90  wrote

.......  I do lots of editing with other software like Cyberlink but wanted to use Adobe so far very disappointed....

Why are you switching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to try another software, Cyerlink is pretty good 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of great things about PowerDirector. I've also posted a series of free Basic Training tutorials on it on Youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks to me your project settings are incorrect.

Post screenshot project settings/general and clip properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they dont match but there is little to none you can do as the image size is a bit odd and you have variable framerate.

If CyberLink works better i would not hesitate to use this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you are saying but as I said earlier I can load any video file including music videos, movies or you tube vidoes etc and they all cause the audio and somewhat video to jitter to the point it is not worth the time to work with, but if I make any edit and then save or export the video it is fine watching in any video player. So this means to me it isn't the video file, but some setting?  So is there any basic hardware or software settings that would cause this audio jitter which I see with any video imported into this software.  

Thanks for your time

On Friday, March 8, 2019, 11:08:11 AM EST, Ann Bens <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Adobe Premiere Elements

created by Ann Bens in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Yes they dont match but there is little to none you can do as the image size is odd and you have variable framerate.

If CyberLink works better i would not hesitate to use this.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10968778#10968778 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10968778#10968778

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dgoto90  wrote

...  So is there any basic hardware or software settings that would cause this audio jitter which I see with any video imported into this software.  

Thanks for your time

Premiere Elements is not marketed as a universal video editor.  Instead, it aims at home users that shoot video on common cameras with common formats.   Generally, for that, it works very well.   Anytime the source files come from anything else, their may be challenges. 

That said, there are three things that show up here that sometimes change the way PrE works on some computers.

1.  In Audio Hardware preferences be sure the Default Input is set to "None".

2.  In General preferences try turning off or on the Hardware Acceleration check box.

3.  Video drivers may create conflict as they get updated for various games or other reasons.  Updating or rolling them back has solved problems for some. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague

Thanks for your suggestion, I made adjustments to all of them and it resolved the problem.

The one which made the difference was putting default input to "none"  or "no input"

The other two adjustments made no difference.

Thank you for taking the time to help me resolve my problem.  So now I am play around to see what I can do with it

Best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying with what worked.  It's always a bit of a guessing game!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how were u able to enable your width and hieght mine is disabled cant even change it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines