Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on new laptop video editing platform

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

It's finally time to migrate off my Vista laptop and upgrade to a new laptop with better editing capabilities.   With my old Vista laptop I could only edit SD resolution video, higher resolutions would not render smoothly from the timeline.

I currently have PE 7 but will be upgrading to PE 15 on the new laptop.  Would like to keep the laptop cost under $1500 (not including software) if possible.

I've been considering a "gaming" laptop such as an ASUS ROG (Republic Of Gamers) laptop that will have all/most of the latest bells and whistles: i7-7700AQ Quad core processor, 256GB SSD for running Windows 10, 16GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD w at least 250GB (I already have a 4TB 7200RPM external drive I can use), and an NVidia 1050 Ti graphics accelerator/GPU with 4GB of memory.

Any comments, suggestions, and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.    This new platform must edit and render in realtime on the timeline 1080P content with tons of effects, transitions, tracks, etc. etc. easily.

Thanks,

Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already shared my recommendations with you on the Premiere Elements forum at Muvipix.com, Todd.

As I said there, for editing with Premiere Elements, spend the money on the processor and a good RAM load rather than on a powerful graphics card.

It also matters what model of camcorder your video is coming from and if it's HD or 4K. Though, with that processor, you will easily be able to edit either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed Steve, and it was much appreciated.

Just mining for some additional information before making a decision.   Recall also that I was considering the possibility of migrating beyond Premiere Elements sometime in the future.

Thanks,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines