• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after saving and exporting a video on Adobe Premiere, my video was corrupted with Chinese ad??

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my premiere elements, I saved and exported. Suddenly my computer copy of that video on my was corrupted. All the video was replaced with some chinese media advertisement. This also happed again with another saved video which I did not export.  I do no know where online the file went and how someone corrupted my copy.  I need serious help?and can't seem to contaact Adobe directly... 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive my typos - this experience of intrusion is very disturbing. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You moved or deleted the source media.  You can't do that.  When you open a project it needs to be able to see and use the source media that you built the project with.  All video editors work this way.  

Like this? 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure how I deleted or moved the source media (premiere elements).  I mostly  save my video both in the mp4 for personal use and in the program itself for further editing. Where does it all go if exported to the internet?  Thanks for your explanation that it’s not a hacker...  btw,  my video is one minute long and the saved mp4is five min. How

do I save only duration of video. Question: can I edit video by adding another person as I do in photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the screenshot of what you are seeing on the screen. Also check if the video for which you are seeing "some chinese media advertisement" exist on your machine and you are able to play it outside Adobe Premiere Elements.

If it is not playing in Premiere Elements, you can try this

1. Right click on the video in Project assets panel and select "Replace Footage"

2. Again select the video in the dialog that comes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>in the program itself for further editing

No... video is not saved in the program... when you create a project and import video, your project files consists of POINTERS to the video, and the commands you give the project concering what to do to the video

When you click save you are only saving the project file, not the video file... you have to go to the share option to create a new file... your original file is not changed, it is only "acted upon" to then create a new file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I have gone to share, selected computer and desktop and saved I then get the mp4 video file.  But when and how do I set the duration time of just the video. Please give details of set time and "pointers befor saving... thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harvey, that same problem happened to me and unfortunately I lost some of my videos, (Sad face), but what I'm doing right now and is helping me a lot; on the Desktop or hard disk you have your projects, create a new folder with all the archives you're using and place your project on that file, and when you open again I think the tab will tell you "where is the archive name" and of course you have the folder with all the elements, and make click on the archive that the tab is telling you, I hope you have understood me, and being helpful to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines