• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated GIFs with a transparent background is imported into Premiere Elements with a solid white background

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community. I recently purchased Premiere Elements as I recently purchased an iMac. I am very frustrated because of how the animated GIFs are imported in Premiere Elements with a solid white background despite being originally transparent. I tested a transparent image of a non-moving logo and it was fine, but for some reason, the animated GIFs aren't imported as its original form and automatically has a solid white background every time and is asked to videomerge for whatever reason. Can anyone help me and tell me why this is happening? I had the Windows version of Premiere Elements before and it was fine with importing transparent GIFs as transparent GIFs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is not designed to use animated GIFs as source video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements works fine with animated gif.

If the background is white it means the transparancy is saved incorrect in the file.

You need Photoshop to set this straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines