Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animations

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends

Okay I am making slow progress on premiere elements and this morning I am trying to understand how to apply the animations to the text. As you see from the screen shot I have an animation picked for the text I am creating but the apply option does not seem to highlight. I would like to use at least a few of the many options available am=nd am perplexed as to what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter5CF1_0-1599477692074.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A limitation of these animations is that can only be applied to single-lines of text. You've got a two-line text block selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve

Okay so is there something else I can use to apply a special effect to a few lines of text?

Thanks for your help

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of animation are you trying to create, Peter?

If you're just trying to create rolling or crawling text, that can be pretty easily done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Steve

In the past I used a program that would swing the text in, expand it or sometimes scroll it up like a window shade and create a light grey background to the block so it would contrast against the background of the video. Premiere Elements seems much more sophisticated with many more options but I am not too sure how to access anything beyond simply the default text, and default transistion between clips. Thank you for helping me along step by step. I do appreciate the help.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines