Exit

APE 2019 Keeps crashing

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE 2019

Windows 10

I just upgraded and purchased and downloaded APE 2019. When I try to open programs I created in APE 2018 they just generate a crash report. Even when I restarted and opened with nothing else running.

Cheers! Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not try to make new versions backward comparable.  You should consider finishing projects in the version they were created in.

You have access for an online chat at Adobe Customer care where they can troubleshoot your issues.  Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, tell that to my crashed computer. But it is helpful. I guess my first solution would be  to download APE 2018 and finish that project In 30 days. But I don't recall having that problem on past upgrades.

Let's see what other inputs I get.

Thank you.

Cheers!! Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't believe that Adobe would do this to their loyal customers. Has anybody else had this problem. I now have hundreds of programs I can't open or review because of lack of backward comparability. Is there any solution besides buying another copy, 2018, to see old files?

Very unhappy with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines