Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

APE 2020 - Problem - Preview freezing

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have very frustrating problem with APE 2020. Preview freezing at some point in my movie. When I open Premiere and load my project at first everting is fine. Preview is played without any problem. However even after very simple operation such as moving one clip can cause preview to freeze as some other location. I captured that problem:

https://youtu.be/A2OgSQIsAiI

1. Opened the project

2. Moved the coursor and started preview. Clip with motorbike was played without any problems. 

3. Then I just  moved only one clip to the left and returned to the previous location and this time preview stuck just before the clip with motorbike. 

This is just an example. Exactly the same problem occured for different clips. Video preview just freezes but audio is played OK. 

All clips are 1920x1080. Computer is fast: Intel 8700k + 32GB RAM. Newest Nvidia Drivers. 

Any ideas?

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple ideas that might apply.

1.  What are the project settings, how are they established and do they match the source.

2.  There is a Hardware Acceleration setting.  If on, turn it off.  If off, turn it on. 

3.  An odd one that has shown up rarely, but can cause trouble.  The Audio Hardware settings should be none if poosible.  Apparantly, the wrong setting can slow up the entire computer so badly that nothing works.

4.  Are the graphics card drivers up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply

1. Project settings are pretty standard (see below). I use source clips with 30 and 60 fps and 1920x1080 resolution. Project settings were established by dragging the first clip to the timeline

Adobe Project settings.jpg

2. I've tried to turn off and on Hardware Acceleration but it seems that this setting doesn't affect it. 

3. Never tried to change  Audio Hardware as audio is always played fine. Which exactly setting should be none?

3 Yes, graphics card drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see during editing are real time generated previews.  In other words, it is not exactly what you will get when you do the final output.   There are a couple things to try.  

First, try "rendering the preview".  Normally if this is needed, there will be a yellow line above your time line to indicate it might be necessary.   Do it by finding the "Render" button on the screen or pressing Enter during editing.  

Second, change the setting in Preferences > General for "Time Line Render Quality".

Third is something I've never had to do myself.  (Before you do it, make backups of everything.)  Delete the preview files so that Premiere Elements is forced to generate new ones.  To find them, look in Preferences > ScatchDisks and it will tell you where they are stored.  Close the project.  Go there in Explorer and delete them.  Reopen the project and press the Enter key to cause a recreation of the previews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for comment. I'm aware that it is only preview and not exactly what I get in the output file. In fact output video is OK. The problem is that working on such a project is extremely ineffective and very frustrating. I have plenty of clips to work with and have to do a lot a trimming. That is why I use preview all the time.

I’ve changed Preferences > General for "Time Line Render Quality" but it didn’t help.

I’ll check later deleting the preview files and will let you know

I don’t know if this is relevant to the main problem but what I’ve also noticed is that sometimes when I move one clip from one place to another it is quick and smooth however sometimes it looks like the APE is re-loading all other clips even though they haven’t been modified in any way. It take a few second to to that. It can clearly see it in the youtube link in my first post at 0:39  All clip miniatures disappear and slowly appears again. I don’t understand why it is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting preview files and rendering them again didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm out of ideas except for one.  You can set up an online "chat" and Adobe staff can tie into your computer remotely and may find something.  To do that, select "Online Support" from the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines